My experiences so far - new facebook page.

Options
So i have now lost 37kg (thats around 82 pounds) in the past 7 months and have dropped from an Aussie size 22 to an Aussie size 12. You can imagien this is pretty noticeable!

I have been asked heaps about how I have lost all the weight and what my "secrets" are, not only because it is so obvious but also because I am a doctor and people want to know what I have learned. I am still a work in progress .. probably have another 5 kg to lose and a whole lot of fitness to gain, but I have come so far already.

When I started doing this I focused on the quality of what I was eating, not on any particular calorie goal. I did this for the first three months and lost heaps of weight. I have since started logging my calories and found that by following the dietary principles I think are important for me, I end up eating around 1,200-1,400 calories a day without really planning to do so. This seems to be controversial on MFP - I do not have an eating disorder and I am not a fanatic - this just works FOR ME! Interestingly when I do the maths this is actually about right for me when you work out the numebrs, and obviously as I increase my exercise I will need to (and will) eat more.

I am very concerned by how many people seem to cut their calories while still eating poorly - they may be slimmer, but not really taking advantage of the opportunity to be healthier. I am trying to eat a diet low in processed food, refined sugar and additives, with a wide range of healthy foods, proteins, vitmains, fruit veg and dairy. I am also watching the glycaemic index of any carbohydrate based food that I eat. (I am also diabetic) I dont take protein or vitamin supplements as I prefer to get the nutrition I need from food sources where possible. I take enough prescription medications as it is! I feel great and it seems to have controlled my weight, improved my lupus and my diabetes.

I am not claiming that this is the solution for everyone and do not want this to turn into a 1200 calorie controversy, clean eating bashing, lift heavy or not kind of conversation...... I am just explaining my view of the world in case anyone is interested :)

So with all this in mind I have set up a facebook page - called Lean Green and Healthy :) If you are interested and think it may be of use to you, feel free to come and like the page for the kind of updates (links, articles, websites, recipes) that are much harder to post on MFP. Oh and feel free to friend me here on MFP if I can help :)

The address is here https://www.facebook.com/LeanGreenAndHealthy

Thanks guys

Cheers
Lyndal

Replies

• Aussielooser
    Aussielooser Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Lyndal, I have just liked the page.. I'm looking forward to learning more...
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    aww thanks :) I'm hoping it will be fun and useful!
  • BrightonBelle
    BrightonBelle Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've just liked the page. Looking forward to trying some of your recipes! Thanks for sharing :)
  • jetaylor63
    jetaylor63 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've checked it out too. Looking forward to following you along on FB too. Thanks for sharing Lyndal.
  • janekow
    janekow Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences. You have been an encouragement for me to eat "healthy" and I look to your diary for many suggestions on how to "spice" up fruits and veges. I too liked your page and am looking forward to all you have to share!
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    107 new likes on my page in three days- the facebook site is going off :) So excited !!