If every day were like today.....

Hey everyone

I'm struggling to keep motivated with my app at the moment. I'm there or there abouts with my calorie limit, and when I complete, I get the "If every day were like today you would be...."
It's been stuck at 150.9lbs for the last three days. But I'm shifting NOTHING! I think it will be saying this for the next six months!!

I've got six weeks to go before my holiday and I would really love to be under 11 stones. I'm 5lbs off and I'm not convinced I'm going to lose.

Anyone have some tips or motivational words to get me inspired? I need some answers, and quick!!

Replies

• KassLamb
    KassLamb Posts: 98 Member
    3 days at the same weight is bound to happen. If you weigh yourself every day, you'll go crazy. Even if you stay the same for an entire week, it doesn't necessarily mean that you're doing anything wrong.

Calorie counts and the calculations used to determine projected weight loss are only estimations. They're inaccurate because we humans are so varied in so many ways. There is no website that can tell you exactly how fast you will lose weight on an exact number of calories per day.

I realize that you would love to lose a certain amount of weight by a certain date, but as most on here will tell you, it's the long-term results that matter more. If you manage to lose that weight before your holiday, that's awesome! But if you don't, what's the worst thing that can happen? What if you come really close to your goal, but don't quite make it? Are you going to be upset or disappointed in yourself, or are you going to be proud of yourself for making progress toward a healthy weight and lifestyle?
  • clareiow
    clareiow Posts: 53 Member
    I guess you're right. I weigh myself once a week at present and for three weeks I've had no change. It's quite depressing really, when you're doing all the right things and making positive changes that aren't reflected in either the scale or how tight my clothes are.

I know where I want to be and I want to do it the healthy way but when you're giving it 150% an only getting 5% back it's disheartening. And then I end up going back on Atkins which is great in the short term but not something I've ever been able to sustain.

I even had my thyroid tested to see if there was anything abnormal, and there wasn't.

Guess I'm just tired of constantly thinking about it. It's such a battle :(
  • Hi...

I posted this the other day and hope it helps you today!

When you get to a plateau, think of it as a landing on the stairway to your goal. And maintenance is a lifelong plateau, so a bit of "rehearsal" for maintenance isn't the worst thing in the world.

Good Luck on your journey!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Hi...

When you get to a plateau, think of it as a landing on the stairway to your goal. And maintenance is a lifelong plateau, so a bit of "rehearsal" for maintenance isn't the worst thing in the world.

[/quote

love this ^^^ we all need to think about that and take heart :)

OP: I'm the same, my weight hasn't shifted in 3 weeks, I get on the scale every Friday and I get disheartened - but I'm also doing everything right and exercising more than I ever have - my body is toned I'm just not the weight I would like to be - 7lbs off goal and feeling like I'll never get there but lets just keep plodding on..ok? :-D
  • Don't foget the scales lie but the camera does not... You will have inch loss.. :)
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    My scale didnt move for almost 3 weeks in February. I saw differences in my shape through going to the gym, and eventually I dropped a KG in a week. It was just taking its time.

Try drinking more water and have a couple of days of eating a bit more - I find that on weekends at my bfs I eat a lot of white rice and home made white bread (usually I won't eat rice, pasta, potatoes or bread because I just don't love them much) and I dread to think what the scale will be like but I have always lost weight by the Tuesday
  • earl0270
    earl0270 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi

I stayed the same weight for about 3 weeks, very frustrating and de-motivating, until a friend told me to change my exercise routine. Apparently you should change your routine every 6 weeks as your body gets used to it so you need to shock it back into life.

Since doing this a week ago I have a lost 2lbs and feel like im back on track!

Don't feel de-motivated just make a small change and you'll get back on track in no time.

Goodluck!
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    That little pop-up just takes in your calories for that specific day, based on your last weigh-in, and assuming (well) that every day WILL be like today, lol.

Don't let it get to you - maybe switch up your workout or your calories a bit. That tends to help me so I don't get stuck in a plateau.

Good luck!!
  • clareiow
    clareiow Posts: 53 Member
    Thanks everyone for your encouragement!
    I've done quite well this week...my nan died a week ago and before, I would've eaten to ridiculous excesses for comfort, but I've managed to stay (in the main) on the straight and narrow.
    If I can lose just a few pounds it'll be good!
    Wish me luck!
    X
  • jaimepuk
    jaimepuk Posts: 2
    Does the "if everyday were like today you'd weigh..." calculate what you'd weigh from the weight that you entered at setup or does it calculate it from the weight you are currently (taking into account you actually use the progress weight feature)? If it did work off the weight you entered at startup would i be correct in assuming that eventually you would end up bypassing that weight and be lighter than its calculation over time??
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    You dont have to press the "close diary" button. I never do. All your details are still there, but you dont get that message.
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Hi...

Thank you :)
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,462 Member
    ^^^ As above! I never close my diary. I don't find the predictions helpful!

I have to see it as a long term process, and I find there is no point in looking at my weight from week to week, because often I won't have lost anything and might even have gained. If you're losing weight slowly, your progress gets "lost" in your daily fluctuations. I find my weight can go up and down by a couple of pounds day to day for no reason. What I find really useful here are the progress reports. You can get a picture of your weight change over the past month, or over the past few months, and I think it's much easier to see whether there is a downward trend or not.

I also find that, for me, it's counter-productive to have weight loss goals that are actual figures. The truth is you don't have much control over them. You can do all the right things, but still lose less than you "should".