Les Mills Body Pump and Combat

Options
I am not sure how I can input these classes into my fitness pal excericses. Please help as I would like to be as accurate in my tracking as possible

Replies

• emarose90
    emarose90 Posts: 52
    Options
    I've put Body Pump in as my own exercise - looking up Pump says you can burn nearly 600 calories in one class, but this depends greatly on who you are and what you lift/how much intensity you put in.

This might help you just to get a better idea of what it does - http://www.lesmills.com/files/Email/BODYPUMP Research Report_final.pdf

I've used 350 cals as a rough guideline for me. I don't beleive my burn is anywhere near 600.

This being said, I now don't log my exercise as I'm using TDEE instead of MFP calculations. I also haven't done Combat yet so I can't comment on that..

I hope this helps a little, I've just re-read my post and realised it's probably not that helpful!! :ohwell:

Emma x
  • Sarahlascelles
    Sarahlascelles Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I usually call body pump circuit training.
  • GettingFitToLIVE
    Options
    I am not sure how I can input these classes into my fitness pal excericses. Please help as I would like to be as accurate in my tracking as possible

Olivia - Is getting an HRM an option for you? That's how i track my calorie burn when i do combat. Just a thought.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You can add and name your exercise under the exercise tab. I teach body pump and use my heart monitor to track the calories burned or circuit training may be a good option

A heart rate monitor would be a good investment
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It is so variable - what your weight is, what weight you're lifting, how intense you're going etc - that anything MFP could come up with would be a total stab in the dark. A HRM will give you a better idea...but it's still only an estimate.

For me, a 60 min Pump class could be around 300-400 calories, Combat a bit higher.
  • Terree_G
    Terree_G Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have usually logged 60 minutes of BP as 30 weight training + 30 circuit training or something similar. Because it definitely burns more than weight training alone, and is not technically an hour of HIT; so I go half and half.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I create my own exercise and use a HRM to determine calories burned. It is never close to 600! I personally average between 300-400 for Pump.
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    I have it under my exercises.. I created a cardiovascular exercise but called it body pump.. I have it listed as 400 calories
    because I burn between 350-500 for an hr..
    My exercises is located in the upper toolbar when you are in exercise.. Then choose create exercise and create one
    with your own exercise name and how long and calories.
  • oliviaA78
    Options
    These have all been helpful...Thankyou!