Yoga At Home

Options
Hi guys,

My gym doesn't offer any yopa/pilates/body balance classes at the moment and I'm missing it :(

Can anyone recommend a good yoga DVD or youtube vid that I can do at home? I'm not an advanced yoga buff by the way, but I really am missing this part of my work out.

Thanks! xxx

Replies

• Marion_
    Marion_ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Check Fitnessblender.com, they have pilates and balance workouts, and some yoga too. It's free and they have a great choice of workouts

Good luck!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I have Cathe Friedrich's Yoga Relax which I really enjoy and would highly recommend.

I'm also posting to see other responses though because I would like another DVD or two so I can vary my yoga workouts a bit. I've looked at lots of routines on YouTube but I find most of the instructors a bit irritating and not relaxing enough for a yoga session.
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I love love love Kristin Mc Gee S3, strong sexy svelte. Three total workouts at 25 min ea. One with weights,pilates and yoga. No matter what your level you will be sweating!
  • kerrylee54
    Options
    Good question - I am in a similar situation and look forward to reading the responses!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    YouTube has some good ones! Search by video length if you want a longer practice. Here are some I recommend:

http://youtu.be/9z2vSwHE0lI

http://youtu.be/sEFo5_eg7Ag
  • emarose90
    emarose90 Posts: 52
    Options
    I love love love Kristin Mc Gee S3, strong sexy svelte. Three total workouts at 25 min ea. One with weights,pilates and yoga. No matter what your level you will be sweating!

This sounded great, having a quick search though I can't seem to get it from a UK site! Annoying! x
  • ginamc04
    ginamc04 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Do you have cable or Roku? On Fit TV, there are yoga segments on each morning. On Roku, there is a whole channel of workouts.

As far as DVDs, I've done Denise Austin, P90X, Kathy Smith and Rodney Yee. I see Jillian MIchaels has a new one out too.
  • emarose90
    Options
    Do you have cable or Roku? On Fit TV, there are yoga segments on each morning. On Roku, there is a whole channel of workouts.

As far as DVDs, I've done Denise Austin, P90X, Kathy Smith and Rodney Yee. I see Jillian MIchaels has a new one out too.

Thanks for this, I have a JM DVD already so used to her. Some of the others you mentioned are quite cheap to buy too, so I'll check them out.

Thanks for your responses guys - I'll check out those youtube ones too Seajolly! x
  • trdepalo
    trdepalo Posts: 106
    Options
    doyogawithme.com is free

yogaglo.com costs but is awesome
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    There is one geared more toward strength that I just love. Hardbody Yoga by Tari Rose. Do it 3Xs per week and after a month you'll notice! It gives one a nice lean look.
  • emarose90
    Options
    There is one geared more toward strength that I just love. Hardbody Yoga by Tari Rose. Do it 3Xs per week and after a month you'll notice! It gives one a nice lean look.

Another one I can't seem to get in the UK! Blimey, who knew it was so difficult to just buy a DVD :mad:
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Check Fitnessblender.com, they have pilates and balance workouts, and some yoga too. It's free and they have a great choice of workouts

Good luck!

I actually tried this out yesterday. Yoga for Weight Loss & a Strong Toned Body - Fitness Blender's Yoga
    I found it hard, but it was a really good 15 minute workout.