NSV - wasn't recognized!!

Options
deannajf4
deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
My husband is a real estate agent and except for Christmas parties/awards dinners I don't regularly see many of the other agents he works with. I'm currently 34 pounds down (despite my ticker - I lost a little before joining MFP) ANYWAY - Wednesday night was an awards dinner, and for the first time in a long time, I went shopping for a hot dress to wear, and felt GREAT in it!!

We approached one of the agents Joel works with, and even though I've met him a handful of times before, he gave me the cold shoulder... anyway not a big deal, we carried on. THEN before dinner started, he came over to our table laughing, apologizing that he didn't recognize me (he sited the fact I've been pregnant in the past when I saw him, but I know that my face has changed a lot too with my weight loss) he said when he met up with us earlier, he was wondering "who's this cute girl Joel has with him?" lol So not only am I unrecognizable, I guess I"m a cute girl again too!!

Anyway, was a fun little NSV I thought I'd share! :)

Replies

• slynn906
    slynn906 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    He thought you were the mistress:laugh: !
  • DustYourselfOff
    Options
    lol Thats awesome!!!!
  • paralegalnc
    paralegalnc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • krrs1980
    krrs1980 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That's gotta feel good!! Great job :)
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful. Congrats
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME! I do most of my work on the phone, people don't see me often. I get the cold shoulder too...until I open my mouth (yeah, hmmm...my voice is pretty distinctive, lol.)
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I was thinking the same thing.
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    That happened to me also. Accompanied my husband to a business meeting in New Orleans and ran into a few of his colleagues. One of them pulled hubby aside to ask who the mystery woman was and if he was having an affair!
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I was thinking the same thing.

I guess I will never be able to trust that guy eh?! He was willing to keep the secret! lol
  • luckylei
    luckylei Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That must feel good! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!