How to convert strentgh exercises to show calorie burn

Options
Hi been on this app for a month its great one thing im struggling with is how do i get the exercises to show calorie burn i can do it for walking jogging bikeing but cant seem to grasp the strengh side of it can any one help please Cheers Dave

Replies

• katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi been on this app for a month its great one thing im struggling with is how do i get the exercises to show calorie burn i can do it for walking jogging bikeing but cant seem to grasp the strengh side of it can any one help please Cheers Dave

Mfp doesn't calculate cals burned from strength because everyone is different.
    I wear a hrm monitor for all my exercising, but I'm not sure if it'd be accurate for strength training
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I wear an HRM and log my strength workouts under cardio by using the "create exercise" on the My Exercises tab. Then I write what I did in the note section of the Exercise Diary.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

Are you trying to figure out how to log strength training so you can record cals burned, or how to estimate how many cals your burning while strength training?