Determining my activity level and calories

Options
Hello, I'm not new but I recently went back to work and I need to adjust my MFP profile. I'm 5'4 and weigh 200 pds, and my goal is 140. Previously, my calorie amount was 1200. Now that I'm back to work, I don't know how I should classify my job as I don't want to eat too few or too many calories. I work on an assembly line (I'm on my feet for 90% of the day and doing physical, but not rigorous work). Last week I set my profile to lightly active for this job, and it allowed me 1660 a day. Is this too much? I feel like it's alot to be eating while trying to lose weight? Any input would be appreciated!!

Replies

• mooselady2004
    mooselady2004 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't think that sounds like too much. I had my Basil Metabolic Rate tested on a machine, and my height and weight are close to yours, and mine came in at 1665. I think MFP figures this number pretty low, and although the machine is not 100% accurate either, it should not be too far off. I eat at least my 1665, and sometimes more, and am still losing weight.
  • mooselady2004
    mooselady2004 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't think that sounds like too much. I had my Basil Metabolic Rate tested on a machine, and my height and weight are close to yours, and mine came in at 1665. I think MFP figures this number pretty low, and although the machine is not 100% accurate either, it should not be too far off. I eat at least my 1665, and sometimes more, and am still losing weight.

I should mention that I have a desk job, but exercise almost every day.
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    MFP set me at 1200...

I tried it for 3 weeks, and just wasn't getting enough food. I was always tired and no energy, I ended up gaining 3 pounds.

I do work in an office but I am always getting up to take things out to the warehouse (like every 20 min it seems) so I classify my activity level has a desk job, but I am pretty active once I am at home.

I have upped my calorie intake to 1700 and I have been losing consistently.

I did some research and played with my calorie intake a little bit until I found the right number that works for me.

Maybe you should do it and see how things go?

Edit: I am 23 years old and I am also 5'4, I started at 200 pounds but have lost 10... :-) so I am at 190 and my goal is 140

so we are sorta in the same boat :-)