Chocolate Fix-When It is bad

Options
I just wanted to share my success at finding a small, "sometimes" solution for those of you out there (probably ladies) who during certain times of the month MUST have chocolate- the real, smooth, milky, no fake crap, kind.

I just tried the Skinny Cow "divine filled chocolates" with caramel. There are 3 in a pack, they are decent sized and are 43 calories per square. VERY similar to Ghiradelli but not quite as rich. But, they have no bad after taste or fake sugar taste.

Now I know that when it comes to "healthy" these arent it, but if you are like me and once a month NO SUBSTITUTE will do, at least these are a great way to manage your calories in small doses and spread out the damage.

I would only do it once a month, but still wanted to share that I finally found something that I think I can accept as my chocolate fix and not feel deprived while still feeling that watching the calorie count is do-able.

So happy shopping if you decide to try 'em. Just thought I would share.

Replies

• alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have at least 1 Dove Dark Chocolate square per day. They're about 42 calories also. Delicious and does the trick...for the most part :wink:
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Get some Hershey's kisses and a box of Glad snack size bags. Fill the snack bags with whatever a serving of kisses is and then you have your own special sized individual bags of chocolate. Put the rest in the freezer or stash them somewhere for the next time.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Frozen chocolate-covered banana slices are the BOMB. A yummy way to get your chocolate fix with your fruit!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow is awesome! I LOVE skinny cow!
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I find that chocolate suckers do it for me. Less than 60 cals and it seems like it lasts forever :3
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Black and Green's Organic Dark Chocolate is pretty awesome to me. I don't have to eat very much to get that chocolate high and it has a lot less calories and healthier than milk chocolate.
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. Chocolate Vita-tops are great too.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Hershey is not real chocolate.:noway:
    Lindt dar chocolate with sea salt, or Green and Black Maya Gold keep me going - one square of Lindt is 45 calories, but they're big flat squares so i can get 3 bites out of it.
  • kelleyannclemons
    kelleyannclemons Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The skinny cow cluster things are great too. (sorry, too lazy to google it) They are supposed to be like dark chocolate turtles. I think one pack is 120 calories.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    there is a chocolate bar called "simply lite" that i actually really like. i think it's sugar free, gluten free, etc,etc. sounds like crap, but not bad! other than that, a couple squares of some high quality dark chocolate is usually enough for me. hot chocolate is also nice because its filling.
  • jme6976
    jme6976 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I get my chocolate fix EVERY morning. My breakfast is always carnation instant breakfast (chocolate no sugar added), 1 cup of light vanilla soy milk and a banana. They all hop in the blender on low until completely blended through smooth and it is just like a banana chocolate shake. The soy milk helps with creamy texture and when you put it in the blender there is no minerally/vitamin taste that you sometimes get if you just mix the carnation with soy milk with a spoon.
  • Jess11Gold
    Jess11Gold Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You girls are gonna LOVE this! ORGANIC GLUTEN FREE, SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE!
    Ok, so I'm sorry but I have lost my original recipe and just throw the ingredients in a bowl to taste (still delicious)

In a bowl, melt together:
    Organic Coconut oil
    Organic Almond Butter
    Agave Nectar
    Organic Cocoa Powder
    *any type of raw nuts you like!

You can microwave it or do it on the stove. It melts at room temperature so immediately pour into a square pan, lined with wax paper and put in the freezer until hard then keep cold in the refrigerator.

MELT IN YOUR MOUTH GOODNESS AND I LIKE IT BETTER THAN STORE BOUGHT!
  • txgirlbikerchick
    txgirlbikerchick Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow Thanks EVERYONE! Now I have even more ideas for chocloate fixes. I am sooo printing this thread! :smile: