insanity help

Options
Becca21
Becca21 Posts: 361 Member
Hi
so ive bought insanity yay going to start soon.

but do i need to follow the diet plan as eating 2100 calories seems ALOT.
Also do i need protein shakes or is that a personal option.

Replies

• daveswiggs
    Options
    When I was doing insanity i was burning between 500 and 800 cals per session. So i would definitly eat a minimum of 2100 cals a day. I personally had protein shakes but it's personal choice something with around 25 to 30 grams of protien within 20 miniutes of the workout will suffice.
  • daveswiggs
    Options
    Oh yeah, good luck with Insanity :-)
  • ande1560
    ande1560 Posts: 12
    Options
    You really do need to follow the diet plan with Insanity. I've had friends go through the whole 60 days with minimum results because they just ate what they wanted. And if you don't eat enough, you honestly will not finish the workouts. Although, make sure you did the entire calculation right, because 2100 is a lot of calories (unless you're a heavier male?). When I did mine, it was around 1500-1600.
  • ande1560
    ande1560 Posts: 12
    Options
    Good luck as well! And I really like the protein, so I bought some powder for month 2. According to the diet plan, I wasn't getting enough and it's a nice way to add it to my diet. I put it in a magic bullet with some coconut water, a banana, berries, and ice. It's a good 300 cal (depending on what else is in it) snack for post-workout.
  • tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options
    Congrats with starting Insanity. I did a round of it earlier this year. Its a tough program. I would stick with the meal plan as much as I could.
    As for a protein shake, I like Shakeology. Its not cheap, but you get much more than in a standard shake.

Good luck!

Joe
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I did it without following the meal plan, ate between 1500-2300 cals a day ( aimed for 1500 net - and was also running occasionally) and saw great results. The scale didnt move much 7lbs over the 63 days but my measurements sure did.
    I'm stronger and faster for doing it, but the thing is if at the end of 63 days you need to have another plan or its easy to lose the definition you worked so hard for.
  • Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    I don't follow their meal plan and lost one pound this week after only doing Insanity for 4 days. If you like the meal plan follow it, otherwise do what works best for you.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of things to work on. I started Insanity 3 week ago. Already I am much stronger. I'm sure if you follow the meal plan you will get much better results. However, if you eat at a deficit you will see some results. Obviously more following the meal plan. I just find it hard. Like I said I have a lot of things to work on, weight only being one of them. So I guess it all depends on how far you need to go and how much or a hurry you are in to get there. It is an awesome program, good lock and stick with it!!!