Looking for some new buddies!!

sarahbw22
sarahbw22 Posts: 130 Member
Hey everyone!!! I've been a member of MFP since about August. I did amazing in the beginning and over the last few months, I really started to slack. I got to the point of "This is my body and I'll just have to accept it." Well, that was dumb because this isn't my body, and I'm not accepting it. This is the body of a lazy, very flabby 30 year old woman whose younger version would of kicked my *kitten*. I am very determined now, maybe even more so than when I started, to get fit and healthy.

My current group of friends are great, but I would like some more encouragement. I am the person who tries to comment on everything because I feel like if you're logging it and trying really hard, then you should receive some praise. Unfortunately, over time, some of my friends had become less involved and I feel like that contributed to me losing my determination. (Not blaming it on anyone, but I know what keeps me going.) And after that, then I started to reduce my comments because I felt it wasn't right to keep encouraging those who didn't return the favor.

I would love some new, encouraging friends to share this journey with. Woman, man, young, old, I don't care. We all have the same long term goal, to get healthy, but of course we will all get their in our own ways. I try to do cardio 2-3 times a week, lift weights 2-4 times a week and mix up the weight lifting with circuit training. I occasionally do the 30 Day Shred as well. Once it gets warmer, which should be within the next couple of weeks, I will be starting the C25K program. I've always wanted to run and started to in the beginning, but that faded. Now that I've quit smoking, I want to give it another shot.

Please send me a request if you're motivated, encouraging and are looking for a new buddy!!

Replies

• sharnut751
    sharnut751 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi! I'd love to be a buddy and offer encouragement and motivation! I too am hoping to start a C25K once the weather gets a bit warmer. I've even registered for my first 5K to help keep me motivated. Knowing someone else is doing a similar program would be really great. Feel free to add me!
  • sarahbw22
    sarahbw22 Posts: 130 Member
    Hi! I'd love to be a buddy and offer encouragement and motivation! I too am hoping to start a C25K once the weather gets a bit warmer. I've even registered for my first 5K to help keep me motivated. Knowing someone else is doing a similar program would be really great. Feel free to add me!

Thanks!! Good luck to you! I look forward to seeing your progress on here!! Hopefully I'll be able to start this weekend. Let me know when you start so we can be running buddies!! I sent you a friend request!
  • penguinlibrarian
    penguinlibrarian Posts: 33 Member
    I'm new and in a similar weight/body range as you, from what I can tell! I need buddies too. : )
  • I'm also rather new! Feel free to add me!
  • DanaMcCrea
    DanaMcCrea Posts: 56 Member
    I sent a friend request to you. I am in desperate need of encouragement! This is harder than I thought. Motivation can work wonders!!! I'll take all the friends I can get :)