Can I be a cry-baby today?

Options
I weighed in and found that I'm 2.5 lbs heavier than even my starting weight! It's only day 6, but it's a shocker. You see, I was too scared to actually weigh myself on day 1, so I put down my weight of about 1 week earlier. I'm hoping that at least 1.5 lbs are fluid retention because it's that time of the month, but still just want to say ... Waaaaaaa :cry:

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Cry away, but just remember, it's not the daily or weekly weight fluctuations that matter. Early on (I've been here for about 6 weeks), I would get dismayed by the fluctuations in my weight (I weigh in daily). But I soon realized, that as long as I eat right and exercise - keep doing the right thing - the results will be undeniable. Now the slight, short-lived weight gains don't bother me. I know I am doing what is right and I will be rewarded in the long run. This isn't a sprint; this is a long-distance effort. Focus on long term progress, not the short-term fluctuations.
  • niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I can fluctuate up to 5lb day to day so have stopped weighing so often! Your better off taking your measurements and seeing success in how your clothes fit :-)
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You can cry but will it do you any good? No it won't. Shake it off and focus on what yoy need to do and like some one else said focus on losing inches and don't stress about the scale.
  • tara134
    tara134 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have a lot of trouble staying motivated, so I understand your frustration. I hope that knowing we are all in this together will help. Don't let this minor set back side track you. Let's both make this a better eating day!
  • hermajestee
    hermajestee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree with nikki87lewis! I only weigh myself when my trainer puts me on the scale. To make you feel better - I worked out with a trainer for a year & lost ZERO lbs!! Granted, I spent 4 months in a boot with a broken ankle - but still! I had all my measurements done on Tuesday & it was horrible & shocking. Self-esteem crushing! After a year & a fortune with a trainer I'm still at 38% body fat.

However! It's on me - not him. So I have totally recommitted & I AM going to see changes this time. Don't get down on yourself - it makes it so much easier to grab bad food - or wine - my achilles heel.

Stay strong - stay motivated. Today is the only day that matters!!

Oh - and for really awesome motivation - go to youtube & search on Tony Robbins. He has a thing on there called the big secret that really got the flip in my head switched.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    No crying!!! Shake yourself!!! That'll come off next week and more if you do it right x G'luck!
  • _Doreen_
    _Doreen_ Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I agree with Niki... there are other things you need to focus on besides the scale. :smile:

Good Luck... hang in there.... like it is said, the weight didn't happen "overnight" and won't go away overnight by some miracle. Fast and steady wins the race! :flowerforyou:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    NO!, YOU GET OUT THERE AND KICK SOME *kitten*!
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yes, cry. Then put on your big girl panties and keep at it.
    I weigh myself daily. I only record when I see a weight change that has remained for 5-6 days.
    Lots of times I feel frustrated at little gains or lack of loss---finally I took a long, hard look at my food diary---it was mostly good but
    I wondered if I still eat too much dairy and sweets--I played with it and finally had another loss after no change for weeks. Maybe there is something in your diet that is still bringing you down? Maybe you need more time?
    Hang in there.
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    Don't worry,I weighed myself this morning and it said I've gained two pounds since Monday,Yet my trousers are falling down and I don't look as bloated!
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    lol. you might get rid of some of that fluid retention if you cry a bunch!

Seriously, like other people have said, look at trends, not individual readings. Is your weight generally heading in a downward way?
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Could be as simple as just retaining water.
    Don't stress....:flowerforyou:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Go run. If you have time to whine on the internet, you have time to do something about it. Go.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Hiyah yes you can cry, and then after crying you will be able to focus.

I actually thought my scales were faulty when i first took the plunge to weigh myself as my weight was much higher than i thought it would be. I then went to the local chemist and weighed myself and thats when i realised the scales at home were perfectly fine.
    So, I think this is was made me determined to fix the issue. Keep logging everything you eat, even those two sweeties you might have had, and see if you can incorporate some regular exercise. You will then start to see results. good luck.
  • msfaithful
    msfaithful Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If you want to cry go right on ahead....:indifferent:

Now that that is done re-evaluate why you're trying to get to that healthier you. You will then realize crying is not going to get you there. Being that "need to break the habit" scale watcher that I am I totally understand the frustration when that number go up instead of down, but like i tell my 8 year old....crying is not going to make it better.

It's time to step up your game!! YOU GOT DIS!!! :flowerforyou: