Insanity worth it?

Options
I know this has probably been discussed many times and i tried searching old posts, but i didn't find the answer i was looking for. The workout is a little pricy for my budget. Don't get me wrong, i can afford it, but i do not want to pay for something that does not work. I'm trying to get back into myfitnesspal, and i exercise every day (i just forget to log it lol).

Anyway so is it actually worth it? I see all of the advertisements raving about how good it is and how amazing the results are, so i am a bit skeptical. Also, where would be the best/cheapest place to buy it? Thanks! :)

Replies

• patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I would say it is worth it but it all about what you put into the program. I lost 8lbs and a few inches my first round of Insanity. It is extremely difficult so you have to be commited if you are going to do this program. Everyone's results are different but I would say it works
  • mbow1977
    mbow1977 Posts: 213
    Options
    Its definitely worth it, you will get out what you put in on insanity, its damn hard but you will see results.
  • verzanie
    verzanie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hi, I am currently on day 4 of recovery week and have done first month without missing any workouts. They can be extremely hard but I definitely think it's worth the money. i have lost lots of inches and dropped a size. I have only lost about 2.5/3lbs but a lot of inches around my waist, thighs and bottom, I have also started to develop abs. And my fitness level has improved immensely I am extremely worried about what's to come in month 2 but fingers crossed!
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You could also check the local craigslist for a used copy for less. Just a thought. I found my TurboFire that way for only 40$.
  • kmburns3
    kmburns3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did the first month of Insanity then stopped due to finding out I'm pregnant :), i absolutely loved it! It kicks your butt, doesn't take a ton of time out of your day, and even though the weight loss isn't huge, the inch loss is. I had great results in just that short amount of time.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    its worth it.....ive done 1 week before and wasnt able to finish because i was borrowing but me and my husband just ordered our own and will be start on monday!!!! im excited
  • stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love it! I'm on day 13 and I've lost 2.5 pounds (as of monday) and several inches. I also run (have been before Insanity so I'm sure that helped but still!) I'd say it's worth it.
  • TOMEKA18
    TOMEKA18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This is my first round of Insanity and I have lost 8 pounds so far. The workouts are really insane but as long as I am sweating, trying to eat right and drinking lots of water, I am good.
  • nineteenstars
    nineteenstars Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's worth it if you're willing to be dedicated to it.
    I can only do it every other day, but I can say that it really does work.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    i got my program on amazon used for about $60.. with the price that BB charges for shipping i saved about $50-$60..

it will be worth it as long as you stick to it. i'm in my second week & feel so much better physically.
  • guitarjedi777
    Options
    I have completed almost every TV exercise program out there. I've done p90x, p90x2, Insanity, Insanity (Asylum), Julian Michaels, etc. I can definitively say that Insanity is one of the most difficult and the most effective. Just like everything else, you get what you put in. You cannot do it half way and expect great results (although with Insanity even half way you will get good results).

The BEST thing about Insanity is that it makes you eat right. The reason is that your body will not survive Insanity on potato chips and pizza. You will literally not be able to complete the program unless your body gets the fuel it needs. That’s what I liked the best about the program. It made me hungry for good food.
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You could try ebay. The one I've been doing is jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I am on level 2 day 5 and have lost four pounds. In 15 days. Its only $7.99 on amazon. I'm moving on to p90x after this and I'm terrified.
  • bulldog46208
    Options
    In my opinion, the Insanity program is excellent but it is intense. For someone who does not already exercise regularly it may be too intense.
    DVDs are $150 on Amazon which seems pricey to me as well. When watching your budget, it may be a good idea to buy the DVDs on eBay, use the program and then sell the DVDs back on eBay.
    Or see if your local library may have the DVDs.
  • ButtercupSprad
    Options
    It was worth it to me.....My profile picture is the result of Insanity. Mayb you can borrow someones disk?
  • Sherrim13
    Sherrim13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I purchased it off Ioffer.com for around $25 free shipping. It was delivered within 2 weeks or ordering. A friend of mine bought Jillian's Body Revolution on the same site for around $25 as well and she received it quickly. It is worth it to do, the first time I did Insanity I did not lose weight but I looked SO much better after I completed it. After a 3 month break and gaining all the fat back, I am in my last week of another round of Insanity and this time it didn't seem to help as much although my clothes are falling off so I know it is doing something.
  • t2kburl
    t2kburl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I think Insanity is worth every penny.
    I broke a 3 month long plateau and lost 20 lbs and feel better than ever. Just completed Day 60.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Worth it!!!!!!

I'm starting week 4 tomorrow, and so far I have dropped 9lbs. I can see a difference in my body (measurements will be coming this week). They are hard though. So be prepared. Its one of the few workout DVDs I have seen that the background people cannot complete the routines. That should tell you something.

I would recommend buying directly from beachbody. If you buy from another site that is cheeper (I got mine from Newegg.com for about $99 shipped) you run the risk of getting a bootlegg copy. Mine turned out to be bootlegg. I have 2 of the same DVDs and they skip in my DVD player. Luckly I use my computer in the basement as a DVD player for these (more room to workout) and the double DVD is the Cardio Abs (instead of the Cardio Circuit DVD). I just use the Plyomentric Cardio instead on those days.

As for price, it is pricey but when you devide it by how many DVD's you get, its not that bad. I think there are 12 DVDs in total for $140.. Thats a little over $10 a DVD. That's cheep in comparison.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I have just done insanity for the first time a few days ago and I loved it! It is Definitely WORTH IT and It is definitely tuff, but like everyone else is saying, your results are determined by the effort you put in. If you are pushing your self to the brink you will see results. If you half *kitten* it you won't. Simple as that. The question you have to ask yourself before you invest your money is, will you push yourself the way you need to in order to achieve the results desired?
  • serai93
    serai93 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you! i think i will get it :) i already run, and eat good so i hope that helps me. i need to lose the rest of my baby weight. my stomach, and sides are the areas i want to lose the most in. thank you so much for your input! :)
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I've been considering doing it too. I was searching youtube yesterday and you can find videos of people exercising along with the dvds for i think every one of the workouts. I'm dead broke so if I do it it'll be the cheap *** way.