Stressed Out Much?! I am.

Options
Hey Everyone!

I know I am not the only one out there that is completely stressed out. Does anyone have any idea what kind of stress that has on your body? I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what I could do to help deal with my stress!

:D

Replies

• Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    For me, I exercise...it truly does give me that high from endorphins (sp?). Just be careful to not OVER do it at the gym, especially with lifting weights - you dont want your agression/anger/stress to end up making you push so hard that you hurt yourself. Whether I'm angry, upset, anxious, or just super busy, if I make the time for myself and put in some great tunes, it really helps me clear my mind.

If you can't work it out at the gym, I suggest doing something that makes you happy. Simple as that - take a mental health day, call a friend, go shopping, walk the park, take pictures, visit with family, go see a chick flick, scrapbook, read a book, organize your closet, get dressed up and go dancing. Do something for YOU - take a minute to focus on how you can be as healthy mentally as you are making yourself physically. :flowerforyou:

I hope the suggestions help you find something to de-stress with. Take care of yourself! :heart: :drinker:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Exercise exercise exercise. I had one hell of a day at work yesterday. I almost talked myself out of going go the gym. But I went and did HIIT on the elliptical harder than I've ever done before. By the time I walked out of the gym the cloud above my head wasn't quite gone, but 90% of it had diminished.

I can tell today I will be needing to do the same thing after work. :)

Oh and drink a ton of water. Flush that bad juju out.
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I agree that exercise is very helpful, especially for me getting out in the fresh air. I have been sick and therefore have been feeling stressed about missing work, the house being messy, not eating and exercising enough, etc. But I went out for a few nice walks yesterday and it did help. Cuddling with my bf and just relaxing and not sweating the small stuff is also helpful!