Any Sauna users?

Options
I'm just wondering if any of you use a sauna. If so, does it help at all with your weight loss? The is one at our gym and I've always wanted to try it - never had. Just wondering if you have noticed a change for the better (weight loss) while using the sauna???
I'm stuck - I don't want to say I'm at a plateau - but I haven't been losing any weight in the past few weeks and my clothes are not getting any looser. I'm gonna continue my routine and eating well, just wondering if adding the sauna in will jump start me back to losing. Any advice you all can give would be super.

Thanks all!

Replies

• erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    All a sauna can do, with regards to weight loss, is dehydrate you. However, it can do nice things for your skin.
  • DanaMcCrea
    DanaMcCrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well, I can use a skin boost!!! That's always a positive! Thanks!
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Don't use it for weight loss. It'll come back as soon as you have some water. Assuming you don't pass out in the first place.

But it feels great when you're a bit achey or tired or cold to go in. And your skin looks wonderful just afterwards.
  • Oakley82
    Oakley82 Posts: 53
    Options
    I use it after every workout. It feels good on my muscles and I like the way it makes my skin feel afterwards. As far as weight loss, it really doesn't do anything. Maybe a little water weight. It feels particularly good if I drank the night before, I love to sweat though :smile:. Make sure to drink loads of water though!
  • DanaMcCrea
    DanaMcCrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm gonna give it a try today :happy:
  • Krinaia22
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with above. In terms of weight loss, it's all water and therefore short term. But, it can be very soothing and relaxing. Maybe use it as a reward for a hard workout?