Too Much Sugar

Options
I've just gone over my sugar limit at breakfast and feeling very sad. I had an apple and some strawberries and a teaspoon of sugar in my coffee. I don't eat junk, but I do put sugar in my coffee and I can't stand sugar substitutes- I don't like the taste and I don't trust them. Does anyone have advice for me?? This feels like the final hurdle for me.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    If it's sugar from natural sources like fruit, I wouldn't worry about it. If it's sugary drinks, candies and things like that, then cut back.
  • JennNH12
    JennNH12 Posts: 56
    Options
    I have also found that after a healthy breakfast of fruits and yogurts that Iam almost over my sugar intake. I LOVE bananas! Thats where my down fall is. Not sure it is the correct thing to do, but I have just about decided to ignore the sugar. I hope that because I am getting it from fruits (mostly) that it is better sugar than the sugar I would put in my coffee, if I still did add it to my coffee. Sorry I have no advice, I am just finding myself in the same boat as you. In hopes that someone has something to say about the sugar intake issue.
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical issue that requires you to watch your sugar, don't worry about it to much. Keep under your calorie goal and make sure you're eating enough fat and protein to make yourself feel sated.
  • angelasowdon
    Options
    I too seem to go over on the sugar - I was having 2 in coffee now down to 1, but still go over yet my calories are usually below what I should eat - I dont eat lots of processed stuff - to be honest I am not too worried about the sugar thing as long as its not too extreme - but I do understand what you mean - its quite annoying..
  • MadMadamMirm
    MadMadamMirm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I just looked more carefully, and it is surprising- there's so much more sugar than I expected in things like carrots, tomatoes, apples.... Maybe it's good lesson in not getting obsessed with the numbers and focusing instead on spending the calories on good food.