I want this to be the last time!

Options
Hi everyone,
I struggled with eating disorders for a very long time before I got pregnant with my daughter. Since having her, I think I have a healthier relationship with food. However, despite having lost all my baby weight in the first four months post-partum, I currently weigh more now than I did after giving birth.

In the last two years, I've had two people I love die. Because of that I've sometimes found it hard to just make it through the day let alone push myself through a workout. But I know I'm unhealthy and I want to lose weight the right way. The problem is, every time I try this "right way" it doesn't work. I workout, I burn more calories than I eat, I eat fairly healthy. I admit though, my husband doesn't have to twist my arm very hard to get me to go out for dinner or drink on the weekends.

I'm not looking to become a size 0. I'm 5'4 and have usually settled nicely at 136. At that weight I usually wear a size 6 or 8, so that's my goal. But I can't seem to get past 180! I'm hoping utilizing this community of knowledgeable folks will help me. You guys all seem to know what you're doing! I worry I'm not eating enough, after reading through the boards some but I'm too afraid to eat more for a week just to end up gaining..

Any advice? Feel free to add me as a friend too!

Replies

• Sweet_Kimmie
    Options
    Hey! You're my twin and I didn't even have to look for you! I'm 5'4", started at 185. I'm down to 155, looking to get to 135-140. I log food and exercise daily, feel free to add me!
  • aclark316
    aclark316 Posts: 66
    Options
    Hey there!! I would love to be your friend!!! I started at 180 and have lost 27. it wasn't eay but i did find out that sometimes eating more really IS key. if you workout and don't eat enough cals then your bod goes into starvation mode....and your metabolism slows down. The key is finding the right plan for YOU. find some healthy snacks that can keep you fueled without going crazy. if you would like to be my friend please add me! i'd love to help support you on your fitness/health journey. :)
  • nicoleashley_24
    nicoleashley_24 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    kimbuffin, I added you! Great job on your weight loss so far!
  • Sweet_Kimmie
    Options
    kimbuffin, I added you! Great job on your weight loss so far!

Thanks, you can do this!