Major Results and Problem Area

Options
purplecharm
purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
My problem area is my abdomen (where most of my excess weight goes). I get discouraged knowing that I am losing weight but my abdomen is still huge.

How long did it take for you to see major results in your problem area (hips, thighs, butt, calves, etc)?

Replies

• jo69
    jo69 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It seems like when I was losing weight. My problem areas like stomach areas and thigh areas gradually became smaller. I believe I noticed a change in a about two months or so. Although my pouch was still there I noticed some inches going away. I don't know what type of exercises you do, but walking seems to be a good exercise for overall weightloss. You may want to measure your body and check back once a week to see the inches going away. Hope this helps..:smile:
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    It took me 4 weeks to start losing, and about 3 months before I started to see a reduction in my problem area (stomach). I wonder if the fat comes off in the order it went on, kinda like when my closet gets messy I tend to throw clothes on the bed, dresser, chair. So when it comes time to clean, all that extra stuff has to happen first before my closet gets organized.
    Also, I might've considered my stomach my problem area, but apparently I had a really fat head, because when I lost the weight, my neck & face were what people commented on (or maybe they were just too polite to say "Hey your tummy is smaller!"
  • aclark316
    aclark316 Posts: 66
    Options
    hey there purple!!! i had the same problem. Are you lifting weights? if not try and incorporate some heavy lifting into your routine. i promise...you won't bulk up. but it'll help you tone and tighten everything. soon you should start to see a difference. :happy:
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Same problem. About 10 months.
  • I3ernadette
    I3ernadette Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    While my belly has gotten smaller, my waist and hips are getting smaller, too - and they're getting firmer, which makes the jiggliness of my belly even more apparent! Your problem area might well be shrinking, and you'll have to wait until the rest of you evens out to see...
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    My stomach is definitely holding on to the weight. All of my pants are too big in the butt and legs but still fit in the waist. I lift weights and that has certainly helped but I don't think I will ever have flat abs without surgery.
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I think I got lucky in that it seems that all of my weight loss has come off my problem areas. But I have been doing a lot of weight lifting which I think is helping all over. And a lot of the times my workout includes walking, either on the treadmill or outside with my dog. I think walking is great for all over weight loss and would suggest it for you!
  • jacque1129
    jacque1129 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    when i first started losing weight i lost every where i didn't think was fat and finally started losing on my problem areas. someone told me to think of your body as a pool, the shallow area drains the fastest and the deep end will be last and take the longest. it really helped put it in to perspective and i think i've hit like the 6 ft marker in the pool :p

keep going! you'll reach the deep end eventually (:
  • fataalic
    fataalic Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My stomach is definitely holding on to the weight. All of my pants are too big in the butt and legs but still fit in the waist. I lift weights and that has certainly helped but I don't think I will ever have flat abs without surgery.

OMG, I am the same way. My pants feel like skirt around me, but they still fit in the waist.
    I do squats 20-30 a day, not much, but maybe that's what helped shape my legs and butt.
    I still have a lot of cellulite on my legs, but I am not worried about it yet, because I still have some 35 lbs to lose.
    Hopefully it will go away by then.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercise are you doing? I'd recommend adding more core exercises to your routine. Barre method classes are great for it, as well as TRX classes, yoga, and pilates.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I had been doing alot of cardio videos and I got weight loss from that but the stomach area I found what is helping me most is Kettlebells for that. It needed the extra weight to help with that area...I struggle with that area most too. Kettlenetics and also heavier kettlebell weight training is what is slowly but surely working for me.
  • nina0181
    nina0181 Posts: 2
    Options
    I think the main message here is just patience.... because in all reality once you lose that problem area it will be easy if you are already in a routine to maintain it.

I am in the same boat as many of you... trying to get back down to a weight Im happy with. I keep trying on old pants and that abdomen area is a total buzz killer. but keep working at it because once you get there, its gonna feel amazing.... at least thats what I keep telling myself.... ;-)
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    It took years to pack on the extra weight, just gotta have patience to lose it! Could take a few months.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!