FRIDAY (Mar 8) MINI CHALLENGE (w/ super challenge option)

Options
jesindc
jesindc Posts: 724 Member
100 PUSH UPS!

If this is your second (or more) time doing these, try to beat your previous # by 5 or 10! Be sure to brag when you’re done!

Great for your arms/core.

Break them up.

ANY KIND COUNTS!

Super Challenge Option: You might remember this from the last couple months… my very good friend once wrote to me, “I see your 100 push-ups and I raise you 100 squats and 100 sit-ups.” I said, “you’re crazy,” but I accepted. Basically, we did 10 push-ups (any kind still counts), rolled over and did 10 sit-ups (or crunches if you prefer), and then 10 squats. Repeat for a total of 10 sets. This might sound crazy, but I find that breaking it up like this and focusing on another muscle group briefly, makes it easier for me to get though all 100 push ups. If you’re really feeling inspired, last month one of MFP friends raised us 10 planks. Make it a great kick-off to the weekend.

Be sure to come back and tell us what you did!

Replies

• trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate push ups.......but go on then
  • WeightlossBoo
    Options
    Not sure I can do this, but I will try on my knees.
  • pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Push-ups are the easiest thing for me to do, next to squats. I can do 30 in a row easily but more . . . Might have to try the roll over and crunch before finishing.
  • chris_sy
    chris_sy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the super challenge.
  • Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'll bite, shouldn't be too hard for me as I'm currently doing the 100 pushups in 6 weeks challenge :)
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 105...I say that now...we'll see!
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Can only do MAYBE 8 in a row regular....so will throw those in with the ones from the knees.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Im in!!! I will do these soon as I get home from work! Hope I can get to 100 in one set, I usually max out at 30, lol..ima try hard tho! :wink:
  • lynn_hickey
    lynn_hickey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the super challenge!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the pushups. I'm doing another MFP squat challenge and today is our rest day, so I'm not sure yet if I'll do the super challenge or not.
  • jan112
    jan112 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • dmaloof2013
    dmaloof2013 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if my arms can do it today, but I will try!
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Well...50 done. Will get the others in at lunch break : )
  • Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Always good to tick off 2 challenges with 1 workout ;)

Am doing the 100 push-ups in 6 weeks Challenge and today managed 26/26/33/33/26/26/22/22/61 (Total = 275).

Will think about the Super Challenge over the weekend but sit-ups tend to flare my back pain up.
  • CantonMan1234
    CantonMan1234 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • Danieboo757
    Options
    I will sincerely try...this will truly b a challenge I'm only up to 30 consecutive so I'll try 100 non-consecutive
  • chris_sy
    chris_sy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    And done - thanks for the challenge :flowerforyou:
  • hayleyrhiane
    hayleyrhiane Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I accept! After the leg lifts yesterday, my abs might take exception to the sit-ups. They'll have to get over it.
  • katste44
    katste44 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    In and done. 100 (wall) push-ups and 100 (body weight) squats. I missed yesterday's, so instead of 100 sit-ups, I'm going to do 100 leg lifts when I get home (I do not want to lie on the floor here at work - yuck!).
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the pushups. I'm doing another MFP squat challenge and today is our rest day, so I'm not sure yet if I'll do the super challenge or not.

Done. I did the super challenge, though I may regret tomorrow when I have to do 100 squat jumps for my other challenge.