TRX: Anyone tried it?

Options
Alright so the YMCA has a 6 week TRX program that I'm curious about. My question is, has anyone ever tried it? Did you like it? Or should I stick to lifting weights?

Replies

• crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    I have access to a TRX and like it. I don't do exercises classes, because I much prefer to schedule/plan my own workouts. But the TRX adds a lot of variety to my workouts. The options are endless!
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    We use that at the gym I belong to ... I really like them. You can look them up You Tube see what it's all about.
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks (: I'm excited to spice up my work outs
  • kmcgaw
    kmcgaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for a 6 week TRX program and did the intro session last night. It is a great full body workout. All of my muscle groups, particularly my core was worked. Ours is set up boot camp style, so it goes fast. Variation is good. Try it out!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    It's been my primary form of exercise for a year and a half now and I've seen amazing results, primarily in areas concerning functional strength applications and core strength. I don't attend the classes but do it at home.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Alright so the YMCA has a 6 week TRX program that I'm curious about. My question is, has anyone ever tried it? Did you like it? Or should I stick to lifting weights?
    If I personally was traveling alot and the places I went to had no nearby gym or hotel gym, then TRX is an excellent choice. Way harder than resistance bands and loads and loads of different exercises you can do with your body weight.
    I recommend it and I don't even teach a class on it, however I've done the workout on it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • We have the TRX and we love it. Great strength training / core training. My husband had back surgery 18 months ago and has tried many things to strenghten his core. This was recommended by his physical therapist. It works and travels with you easily. We took it on a cruise with us!
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I really like the TRX. It's a good concept/piece of equipment that actually isn't a fad and works.
  • fitmelinda7
    fitmelinda7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yes...........lots of fun. My trainer introduced me to it.