Successful Failure

Options
MassiveDelta
MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
Well yesterday was my birthday and I had a goal to be at 235 by my birthday. About 3 weeks ago I realized I wasn't going to make it so I recalculated a push of 3.5 lbs per week and pushed my goal up to 240 by my birthday.

Yesterday passed and I was 5 lbs short of my goal. So I missed my goal by 5 lbs and my real goal by 10 lbs. It is hard to be discouraged though. Ive reached 2 different journey goals that were major boosts to my Self Esteem.

First I got below 250 lbs. Something about breaking through that 250 mark and seeing a 24X # just was huge in my mental game. A few days later I broke through a total of 50lbs lost.

2 weeks ago I realized after weeks and weeks of punching new holes in my belt and tugging on my sagging pants and trying to make clothes fit that just wont anymore that my pants size start with a 3 now instead of a 4 and Holy cow My shirts size now only have 1 X instead of 2 and sometimes 3.

I currently sit at 52 lbs lost since January 12th of this year. Ive lost a total of 4 pants sizes 46 or 48 to a 38. I haven't smoked in 3 years and I can sleep on my stomach again.

I guess I'm OK with being short of my goal by 5lbs.

Im only half way and I hope to lose 30 more lbs by the Holiday season.

Daddy needs a new pair of pants and a some shirts and a couple pairs of shoes and .....

Replies

• Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! Sounds like you are on the right track :)
  • jrain27
    jrain27 Posts: 1
    Options
    I would call that a successful success! Way to go man! I like that you're looking on the positive side of things and all the great stuff you have accomplished so far! Keep up the great work!
  • pamw22
    pamw22 Posts: 77
    Options
    Don't get discouraged you have come a long way! You are half way there! 5 pounds is great!!!!!! Dont worry just keep doing what you doing and you will get there:bigsmile:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I've been at maintenance for a month now and honestly, I'm just relieved to see the same number week after week, versus a bigger one!! I've started to look more at accomplishments than numbers... like... I'm running more FREQUENTLY in my intervals now and easily. PRETTY sure I could run every other minute rather than every 2, I can pump out 2 sets of 10 reps with an 8 lb dumbbell versus struggling to get to 10 before... the little things keep me going. Because of this, I'm glad to see you're looking at OTHER accomplishments rather than just weight. And, you should totally be measuring so you know how many inches you've lost overall! It's a great motivator.
  • melissaogdenrhode
    Options
    Excellent Job! You should be proud! Being optimistic and always pushing for the highest goal is good as long as it doesn't consume us. Isn't that weird when your clothes that used to fit you are (as if by a miracle) now loose and falling off? What a great feeling. Now the real trick is being able to let those clothes go and be replaced by smaller ones.

Beautiful!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I see no failures! All I see is that you have done terrific things! Congrats!
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    Awesome!!!!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My goodness, friend - you are doing so great though! I'm glad that you are still celebrating all you HAVE achieved and looking forward with a positive attitude, rather than being all down dwelling on missing a goal. You've traveled miles and you should be proud of yourself :)
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have learned that my failures and how I adjust for them are just as important to my journey as my successes.

It makes me stand up and take notice.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Look at all your achievements!! WOW!! We set our goals with high expectations. Our bodies, however, do things their own way. Did you take your measurements before you began this quest? I'll bet they are very different now. You can celebrate the loss of the pounds ... and you can celebrate the changes in your body. WTG!!!
  • shannie_lou
    shannie_lou Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am completely inspired!!! You are ROCKIN!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    O don't get me wrong I am not upset and I don't view this as a failure. It was merely a technicality. I did take measurements in Jan and Mar.

It has been a crazy ride so far. I have worked through alot and and oh my wife for being so supportive and helping me change my life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!