1 Year today

Options

Replies

• zkss27
    zkss27 Posts: 62
    Options
    CONGRATS!

HATERS GONNA HATE

I don't understand why people find it necessary to tear others down just because they don't agree. If it works for YOU, it works! If it doesn't, who cares? You weren't attacking people who didn't turn to Jesus for help with their fitness journey. Therefore, there is no need for those who aren't to try to bring you down for doing so.

God is good, all the time :)
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    So, today marks 1 year, 365 days since I unknowingly changed my life. 1 year ago today, I went to website called MyFitnessPal, I thought "let's give it a try, and take it one day at a time". I have faithfully got on there several times a day and have logged what I've eaten for the past 365 days. It has been difficult not only for me but for my whole family, they have put up with me changing the way I cook, what I keep in the house, and the words that come out of my mouth ;) without their support and Jesus, I know I wouldn't be making it.
    1 year ago, I was 60 pounds heavier than I am today, which is unfortunately not the heaviest I had been, but that's another story. This story only consists of what 1 year can can do, what relying on Jesus can do. I've never been stronger; physically, emotionally, and most importantly spiritually.
    The story isn't over, it's started a new chapter. I'm going to be blunt, it hasn't been easy, but it's been easier than the lie that I believed for so many years. The lie that I couldn't do it, the lie that told me I would never change, that I couldn't change. I still take it one day at a time, and if I have a bad day, well, tomorrow's a new one.
    God is about freedom, freedom to live the life He planned for you, you can either accept Jesus and live in true freedom or live in fake freedom bonded and oppressed to what the world tells you is good and right. You have a choice everyday.
    Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future"
    1 year ago, I made a choice, I wish I made it sooner, but no looking back, only looking forward...God bless

Yep! Jesus gave her the strength to be thin. You want people to respect you for you and not your beliefs or non-beliefs lol? Then don't come on threads trying to down what others do believe in.

Edit- this was to the poster who said "Jesus made you thin?"
    I apologized and congratulated 2 posts later. Nothing makes me happier than seeing successes. However they were achieved.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    No matter WHAT got you through, KUDOS to you for your accomplishments!
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    that's really great!
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! 60 lbs in a year is amazing! :smile:

While I don't share your faith, I do respect it and don't see why others feel like they have to mock it. Sorry but you're probably in for a lot more of those comments....

My sentiments exactly. Be proud of yourself, and carry the lessons on for the rest of your life!
  • LuckyDucky73
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story . God is good .
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Praise His name! Congrats on your success!
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I, like you, am strengthening my faith through this Journey and totally understand where you are coming from. This is not only about weight loss it is an emotional, spiritual and physical change for a lot of us. Jesus IS our strength and the one constant in our life we can always count on. Congratualtions on ALL of your tranformations and keep on keepin on girl!!! :drinker:
  • blancheellen
    blancheellen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! YES I believe Jesus can help us with all our problems. I have 95 lbs down and each day I pray and ask God to help me avoid all the old eating habits that got me where I am. No looking back, no giving up. You keep trusting Jesus He is the one Person who will never let you down. Good health is important and over eating is not good for us, so celebrate and I as well will celebrate with you
  • rmarie98
    rmarie98 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Jesus made you thin?

LOL really... please, grow up and respect others and their beliefs because we respect your beliefs. :) sarcasm isn't necessary... :)
  • butterflykoffee
    butterflykoffee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!! Just started back on this journey. God IS good!! 'Nuf said. Sending a friend request; would love to share with someone who shares my faith!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I loved this...God is great and he wants only the BEST for us....Keep going and you have done an amazing job..
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Praise Jesus!! All things are possible for those who love The Lord.
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I heart Jesus too!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MackLuster77
    MackLuster77 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    "God is about freedom, freedom to live the life He planned for you, you can either accept Jesus and live in true freedom or live in fake freedom bonded and oppressed to what the world tells you is good and right. You have a choice everyday. "

How is this respectful?
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Sorry I should have just avoided this thread. Congratulations on your loss, however you got there.

Ditto.

I should have steered clear, also.
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Praise His name! Congrats on your success!
    :flowerforyou:
  • lapalit
    lapalit Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you for your encouraging words! I wrote down the scripture verse to keep with me too.
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people have to be so cruel and turn your awesome story of triumph and faith into a rude thread. They should just be respectful and keep their mouths shut...not everyone has the same view...deal with it.

Thank you for posting your story and congrats on your awesome weight loss!! I found the verse very inspirational. God Bless:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    Oh folks...
    we're all on a journey. Those of us who are severely overweight feel we got here through issues, or negativity or weakness or stress or even ignorance of nutrition or something, and most of us who have to lose alot of weight, have to do a lot of introspection & that includes reviewing our values & self respect & ability to regulare ourselves.

For some its thru faith. For others its a tool other than religious faith to find our strength & better define how we envision ourselves. HOw many postings on here do we find folks saying that losing weight taught us so much more? This is the map she's using for her path. Most of us are on the same jouiney, we're just using different maps to get there. It worked for her. May your maps work for you as well. In the mean time, can we all just support ANY map that works for someone as long as its healthy, non abusive & no one is forcing it on someone else?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!