Turbo Fire

Options
I ordered the program yesterday, and guess it will be here in 2-5 days. Anyone wanna start the program with me? I would love to have a partner! Also if anyone has any feedback on how much they have lost or things I should avoid, please let me know:smile:

Replies

• susanmarnold
    Options
    Do the Fire Starter workout a couple of times before you start if you are uncoordinated like me!!! I just love the energy of the workouts! Chalene is the greatest!!!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    There's a TF Group called Turbo Fire Hotties. We're all at different stages, but it s a good way to get aditional support
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I got it this week... I tried the started workout, I did what I could for 15 minutes before she lost me and felt like I got no workout whatsoever (I guess because I can't really do all the bouncing she does). Then I switched to something else because I wanted to get a workout that day, lol.

I'll have to try again when I have more time (probably tomorrow). I'm thinking it might be for people who have way more energy than I do and can physically bounce in place for 40 minutes? I'd love to hear more from other beginners!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The biggest tip I can give you when doing turbofire is this:

Choose two workouts a week where you intend on going all out. For all of the others, keep to the low impact modifier. This will optimize results while helping to prevent the knee injuries common among people who do programs such as this. Doing high impact work 5 days a week is too much for the knees, especially for anyone who can stand to lose some weight.

Also, following good nutritional practices is key for any program. But when doing something that revolves around cardio only with no resistance training, such as TF, that goes doubly so. You're not getting the metabolic benefit that comes from doing exercises that stimulate the muscle in the same way as resistance training, so you can't get away with as much (as far as cheats go) as someone following a program based on resistance training.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I got it this week... I tried the started workout, I did what I could for 15 minutes before she lost me and felt like I got no workout whatsoever (I guess because I can't really do all the bouncing she does). Then I switched to something else because I wanted to get a workout that day, lol.

I'll have to try again when I have more time (probably tomorrow). I'm thinking it might be for people who have way more energy than I do and can physically bounce in place for 40 minutes? I'd love to hear more from other beginners!

Turbo fire is really meant for people who have completed Turbo Jam or another program. You should do the "new to class" section of the DVD a couple times, and you will learn the moves and have a bit of a break. It will take longer, but it's worth it, turbo fire is a blast and burns lots of calories!
  • zozo34
    zozo34 Posts: 2
    Options
    I love turbo fire. I started with turbo jam then bought turbofire. The workouts are fun! Hang in there with the choreography. Don't give up you'll get it. Even if you dont get every kick or twist just remember moving burns calories. I just laughed at myself and kept going till i finished the workout. I felt a change in the way my clothes fit fast before I saw the weight drop. Good luck :wink:
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Its so fun, even if you can't get the moves exactly right (like I still struggle with doing the exact punches when she puts all 4 in a series) you still punch. It won't be exactly like she is but you are moving and burning calories. I'm not coordinated but I have got most of the moves down now and I started in January. Most of all I love the energy and music!!!!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

Turbo fire is really meant for people who have completed Turbo Jam or another program. You should do the "new to class" section of the DVD a couple times, and you will learn the moves and have a bit of a break. It will take longer, but it's worth it, turbo fire is a blast and burns lots of calories!

This is true. TF is one of Beachbody's advanced level programs and it even says so in the info on it on their website. Getting it as a beginner means having to modify a LOT and the truth is when you have to modify that much you are probably not going to get as much out of it as you would a program more tailored to your fitness level.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Don't give up...it's a blast!!!
  • dym123
    Options
    I had never done Turbo Jam when I started TF, I did the "new to class" option and have been able to follow the moves and I have 2 left feet. Be patient and keep moving, its a lot of fun. I'm finishing up my 12th week.
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I had never done Turbo Jam when I started TF, I did the "new to class" option and have been able to follow the moves and I have 2 left feet. Be patient and keep moving, its a lot of fun. I'm finishing up my 12th week.

I have Turbo Jam and love it!! I need something new and have a lot of weight to lose. Did u lose a lot of weight doing the program?
  • dym123
    Options

I have Turbo Jam and love it!! I need something new and have a lot of weight to lose. Did u lose a lot of weight doing the program?

So far 17lbs, but my final weigh-in won't be until Monday, I don't own a scale so I have to use the one at work. I also used 1lb wrist and ankle weights and did my own strength training routine instead of the tone and sculpt that come with the program. I started off eating 1200 cals, but after losing only 3lbs after month 2, I upped it to 1500.
  • Beba40
    Beba40 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started TF again after a long break.
    Although I was a beginner, I did lose 12lb last year and am wanting to at least double that this time round. Unfortunately it's all back!! I enjoyed doing it even though I'm unfit and have the 2 left feet syndrome that comes with TF!!!
    I tend to stick to the shorter programs - fire 30 & hiit 15, so I can increase my fitness and move onto the longer programmes eventually.
    I'm doing the prep schedule and am looking forward to tomorrow's lesson! :smile:
    Good luck to you all on the Turbofire journey!
  • Yarabago
    Yarabago Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just order my Turbo Fire too,KInd off excited to get started on it.Im already doing Taebo so hopefylly that helps me a little with TF by not getting to lost with the Dance moves and punches :smile: I would definitly like to start the program with you,It would be nice to have someone new for support too.