New and seeking friends...

Options
Hello all, my name is Jeski and I am seriously overweight at 23-years-old. I joined this website for encouragement and motivation, both of which help to keep me on the right track. I feel a little embarrassed seeking this sort of motivation from people in my everyday life - sort of like you’re admitting to being seriously big to them, which they no doubt can already see but I don’t want to bring any attention to it. Anyway, seeking friends and inspiration and all that. I really want to make this time THE TIME. So thanks for listening and all that. ^_^

Replies

• ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Don't feel embarassed at all! You have definitely come to the right place.
    Welcome and good luck !! :happy:
  • norbel_shumon
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Jeski !
  • busyiam
    busyiam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • frankborelli
    frankborelli Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Jeski!!

The biggest secret (I've learned) to benefiting from this site is to BE HERE. Visit five or six times each day. Set up your signature, goals, ticker, etc. Let this become a hobby and do your best. Motivation is all around you here. The people are fantastic. The info available is great. Even if you stumble or fall there are people always picking you up with supportive comments.

Rock into it!
  • lisa230684
    Options
    Hi,

Im a newbee too, joined today! I've tried lots different diets but always seem to lose focus. Im hoping MFP and talking to people, who are on the same path as you will help!

Good luck !!!!
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    WELCOME!

this website is all about support! log in everyday and ull learn soooo much from recipes to fitness tips to how ppl cope with plateaus!

Good luck with ur goals.
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    HELLO! I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YA FEEL.. AND YOU CAN DO IT... KEEP IN TOUCH AND WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER OUT...
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Rhaeven
    Rhaeven Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    HI...I joined just yesterday, and so far have found EVERYONE to be super helpful and very supportive. I've been slowly making my way through the community boards. Post and enjoy. Don't be embarrassed, we all have something that we need to change. I'm with one of the other poster's...log in several times a day if you are able. This seems to be a good way to keep me focused. If you ever want/need to talk...just let me know!!! I've got a decent background in nutrition and what I don't know..my boyfriend/personal trainer can figure out for me.

Definitely feel free to add me as a friend if you want :)
    Good luck and keep trying :)
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP , it's great here and you will definitely find the support and motivation here. I agree with the other posters about logging in several times a day , participating , logging in your foods and weight will help keep you motivated!!

I find I am addicted to this site and if I don't log in then I feel blahhh!! Good luck on your journey and no need to be embarrassed , you took the first step and that is coming here to change your life :)
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome and CONGRATS on making such a good decision!! I have been on the site for just over a month now and have found the support to be great!! I am always looking to add to my support system and offer others my support as well, so look for my friend request!!