1 Year today

Options

Replies

• lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and new found strength! What caught my eye first and foremost was your name! Eirich! That is my maiden name! Not many people have that as a last name! Are we related somehow?!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    "I wish people would stop misquoting me." - Jesus

But congratulations on your journey and weight loss. That is indeed something to be very proud of.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Jesus made you thin?

Why be sarcastic!? You should just skip the thread.......

I must admit, though, being told that I (and anyone who doesn't share the same faith) am living in "fake freedom".... kind of hard to not say something.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    A sincere congratulations. I honestly believe that we can't walk this walk alone and if my God (or someone else's God) offends someone don't take that path.

We are here for support for each other and if you don't have anything supportive to say, troll on.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Jesus makes you thin?

Some people think that after they lose some weight they can use the MFP forums as a preaching platform and site their weight loss as proof of the help they have received from some sort of divine authority. The truth of the matter is if Jesus is real at all he only seems to help people that work their butts off to lose weight. The main problem with this is I am losing weight and I am an atheist so the hard work seems to work just fine without him assuming he is even there..
  • soldier4242
    Options
    I don't understand why people have to be so cruel and turn your awesome story of triumph and faith into a rude thread. They should just be respectful and keep their mouths shut...not everyone has the same view...deal with it.

Thank you for posting your story and congrats on your awesome weight loss!! I found the verse very inspirational. God Bless:flowerforyou:

This may be nothing more than a story of triumph to you but you probably share the same faith as the OP. The thing is I am proud of her for the hard work that she has put in. I did not appreciate the little stab toward anyone that is not the same faith as her. I don't have any sort of real freedom because I don't believe in god? I am sorry but that is rude.
  • Mich3ll36
    Mich3ll36 Posts: 96
    Options
    Sorry I should have just avoided this thread. Congratulations on your loss, however you got there.

^^no kidding... augh...

Congrats on your loss and your spiritual growth. We all need something or someone to believe in that is bigger than we are so dont let people bother you about your beliefs. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
  • Mbishop7684
    Mbishop7684 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I"m sure the stab wasn't an intentional one. Stop being so sensitive and let people alone.

CONGRATS! Keep doing whatever you are doing on your journey to a healthy and happy you!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! I lost double that but Jesus didnt do it for me!
  • stefwi2000
    stefwi2000 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So, today marks 1 year, 365 days since I unknowingly changed my life. 1 year ago today, I went to website called MyFitnessPal, I thought "let's give it a try, and take it one day at a time". I have faithfully got on there several times a day and have logged what I've eaten for the past 365 days. It has been difficult not only for me but for my whole family, they have put up with me changing the way I cook, what I keep in the house, and the words that come out of my mouth ;) without their support and Jesus, I know I wouldn't be making it.
    1 year ago, I was 60 pounds heavier than I am today, which is unfortunately not the heaviest I had been, but that's another story. This story only consists of what 1 year can can do, what relying on Jesus can do. I've never been stronger; physically, emotionally, and most importantly spiritually.
    The story isn't over, it's started a new chapter. I'm going to be blunt, it hasn't been easy, but it's been easier than the lie that I believed for so many years. The lie that I couldn't do it, the lie that told me I would never change, that I couldn't change. I still take it one day at a time, and if I have a bad day, well, tomorrow's a new one.
    God is about freedom, freedom to live the life He planned for you, you can either accept Jesus and live in true freedom or live in fake freedom bonded and oppressed to what the world tells you is good and right. You have a choice everyday.
    Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future"
    1 year ago, I made a choice, I wish I made it sooner, but no looking back, only looking forward...God bless

You are 100% correct about GOD! I am happy you posted this for me to see and read! Congrats on the 60 pound weight loss. I would love to be your friend on here. You are motivation.
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • Freemyskinny
    Options
    Jesus made you thin?

religion and interent forums..... ummm not gonna end well.

Guy is on point. :/

Can't just be happy for her.?? Congrats lady.!
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    Jesus made you thin?

I must admit, though, being told that I (and anyone who doesn't share the same faith) am living in "fake freedom".... kind of hard to not say something.

True.I can see how that would offend anyone without the same faith. I don't know what "fake freedom" is, but hey, we can all believe in who or what we want without disrespect to others.
  • soldier4242
    Options
    Jesus made you thin?

True.I can see how that would offend anyone without the same faith. I don't know what "fake freedom" is, but hey, we can all believe in who or what we want without disrespect to others.

We can all believe in who or what we want without disrespect to others but the fact of the matter is in this case the OP didn't. The thing is with religion you can disrespect people and actually have people speak in your defense should anyone have a problem with it. I will never understand the religious mindset.
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! I often ask God for strength when I am struggling (no matter what aspect of my life it is). The other day I was working out and I found that saying the rosary in my head made it a lot easier to get through.
  • kbelliot
    kbelliot Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great post!!!!:smile:
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Sorry I should have just avoided this thread. Congratulations on your loss, however you got there.

YES!!!.... YOU SHOULD HAVE!
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    So, today marks 1 year, 365 days since I unknowingly changed my life. 1 year ago today, I went to website called MyFitnessPal, I thought "let's give it a try, and take it one day at a time". I have faithfully got on there several times a day and have logged what I've eaten for the past 365 days. It has been difficult not only for me but for my whole family, they have put up with me changing the way I cook, what I keep in the house, and the words that come out of my mouth ;) without their support and Jesus, I know I wouldn't be making it.
    1 year ago, I was 60 pounds heavier than I am today, which is unfortunately not the heaviest I had been, but that's another story. This story only consists of what 1 year can can do, what relying on Jesus can do. I've never been stronger; physically, emotionally, and most importantly spiritually.
    The story isn't over, it's started a new chapter. I'm going to be blunt, it hasn't been easy, but it's been easier than the lie that I believed for so many years. The lie that I couldn't do it, the lie that told me I would never change, that I couldn't change. I still take it one day at a time, and if I have a bad day, well, tomorrow's a new one.
    God is about freedom, freedom to live the life He planned for you, you can either accept Jesus and live in true freedom or live in fake freedom bonded and oppressed to what the world tells you is good and right. You have a choice everyday.
    Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future"
    1 year ago, I made a choice, I wish I made it sooner, but no looking back, only looking forward...God bless

Sooo inspired.... thanks for sharing, and I need to rely and Jesus some more in this journey. God Bless you as well!
  • heatherterp
    heatherterp Posts: 239
    Options
    Great post. so happy for you ! Blessings Sending a friend request
  • pretty4Jesus
    pretty4Jesus Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Praise God! Yes, this journey is just a reminder of God's goodness and saving grace in all areas of our lives. God bless! Oh... and Jeremiah 29:11-- one of my faves!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!