Bump

Options
Why do people keep bumping posts that are still on the front page, even those that are only a few minutes old? Is this some weird MFP thing I don't know about or are these people not understanding what a bump is?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Because they are so important people should be jumping to answer their posts IMMEDIATELY!! How dare we not realize how they are the center of the universe!
  • phildawson75
    phildawson75 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I find that weird too, but I thinks it's just so they can read it later under their My Topics. I think if MFP had a thread subscribe link instead they wouldn't do it, as it looks like the only way to bookmark them is to post in them.

If you're talking about self bumping then they are just being very impatient
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    They bump them so the thread appears in "My Topics" so then you can go back and see them later. At least that is why I do it :tongue:
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I find that weird too, but I thinks it's just so they can read it later under their My Topics. I think if MFP had a thread subscribe link instead they wouldn't do it, as it looks like the only way to bookmark them is to post in them.

^^^ this - if there is a thread I want to read in depth later or has information useful to me I bump it so I have it
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    At least make some minor comment if the topic is of interest to you instead of just Bump. If no one answers your post in 10 minutes then they probably didn't care and just let it die.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Same here, unless i have missed something, the only way i can find to refer back to a thread is to post in it, and sometimes i don't care to write "i am potsing in this thread so that i can booknmark it to refer back to it later" :bigsmile:
  • 1carahmeldiva
    Options
    I do the same thing. I log in during my lunch hour to enter calories, but I don't have enough time to read through the posts. I bump them so I can easily find them in "my topics" later in the evening or on weekends.
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    so, it's the latter, not understanding what "bump" means. thanks for confirming.