PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter

Options
kathyszoo
kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
I am Skippy PB addict! This is honestly my downfall! I have changed my eating habits drastically since rejoining MFP last June and am happy to say I've lost 42 lbs but would like to lose at least another 20. Kind of stalling right now probably because I am turning to my beloved Skippy for comfort. Just found out about this on another thread this morning and would love feedback! I did research it a little online and found out Bell Plantation is the manufacturer of this but seems a little costly and no stores near me carry it. So I would like to hear what any of you here personally think before I spend the money on it. Thanks!:smile:

Replies

• jcfromtb
    jcfromtb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love PB2. They also make a chocolate PB2 if you really want to indulge. Be careful though, its high cal if you eat a lot of it. I typically add just a sprinkle for taste in a protein shake or if I make a lowfat, froyo shake. Its expensive, but its good!
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    When I don't have many calories left to eat and just feeling like I could eat the house. I turn to PB2 and rice cakes, they fill me. lol...I could roll in peanut butter:smooched: :embarassed:
  • finallydetermined
    finallydetermined Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Chocolate PB2 with a bannana or I use PB2 in my protien shakes. Love the stuff! I used to have to pick some up when I went to visit my daughter but now my local store carries the stuff - make a request at a local grocery or health food store
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    12 g of PB2 mixed with 250g of greek yogurt has been my go-to breakfast lately.
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of it plain, although if I don't have lots of calories left and am really craving peanut butter I'll use it on a rice cake. However, I use it most in smoothies, oatmeal and mixed into my plain Greek yogurt. You can also make an awesome Asian style peanut sauce with it.
  • Sw33tKnees
    Sw33tKnees Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Check around... you can find it cheaper elsewhere. LOVE my PB2 and PB2 Chocolate!!! :love:
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I bought both varieties and I do love them in stuff but honestly I can say I'd rather eat regular peanut butter in sandwiches or on bananas and apples. I use natural peanut butter, it contains only peanuts no added sugar and yes it needs to be stirred. it is runny so it drizzles nicely on stuff. I usually make room for a single tablespoon everyday! I use the pb2 in my green smoothies mostly.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Have had both the regular and chocolate and for me it doesn't compare to the real thing... I just make room in my calorie intake to get my daily Peanut butter fix.... Best of Luck
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I love PB2, and I'm a Jif addict.

Check, since I'm not sure where near you is; but I hear that Wal-Marts are starting to carry it. Meijer stores are not yet in Michigan though. :o(
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of it plain, although if I don't have lots of calories left and am really craving peanut butter I'll use it on a rice cake. However, I use it most in smoothies, oatmeal and mixed into my plain Greek yogurt. You can also make an awesome Asian style peanut sauce with it.

So, what's the recipe for this Asian style peanut sauce? I've been dying to find something to put on chicken, similar to what they would have on a Chinese Buffet. I'm so bad...
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I don't know why but the thought of powdered peanut butter makes me throw up in my mouth. :sick:

Buy regular, natural PB. I get the Teddie brand and it's delicious. You CAN add it to smoothies, use it in cooking etc. Yes, the powdered ick has less calories but I'd take the calories and ease of being able to dip my spoon in the jar over having to measure and mix something. Not only that but the PB2 has added sugar in it.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate PB2 every day! I put it in my oatmeal and I LOVE it. I put 2 tablespoons in my oatmeal and it just adds 45 calories- not dense at all.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I don't know why but the thought of powdered peanut butter makes me throw up in my mouth. :sick:

Buy regular, natural PB. I get the Teddie brand and it's delicious. You CAN add it to smoothies, use it in cooking etc. Yes, the powdered ick has less calories but I'd take the calories and ease of being able to dip my spoon in the jar over having to measure and mix something. Not only that but the PB2 has added sugar in it.

There's 1 gram of sugar in PB2. Did you even do the research on its nutrition?
    PB2 is not meant to replace peanut butter. You're not supposed to spread it on a sandwich. In things like yogurt, oatmeal, shakes, when you would normally put two tablespoons of peanut butter which could easily equal 190 calories, you can just put the same amount of this instead and get the same flavor.

PS. I eat peanut butter every day, and I still use PB2 in certain things rather than peanut butter.
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I too LOVE PB and I too was skeptical when I heard about this. In fact, I first heard of PB2 almost a year ago and I JUST bought some this month! I have to say, I was impressed. I got the regular and the chocolate so I could add them to my shakes, but I wanted to see how it held up as a paste. I made the chocolate (2 tbsp PB2 and 1 tbsp water) and was very excited about the taste! The consistency was off a bit, it was more like Nutella than a thick, creamy peanut butter, but the taste was lovely. I made a shake with greek yogurt, banana, honey and the chocolate pb2 and it was really good! The stats are great compared to pb and it still has all the fiber and nearly all of the protein! The regular pb2 has more of a roasted peanuts taste than the sweetened taste of Jiff, but I like that about it. It's more "natural" if you will and has simple ingredients. I hope this helps!
  • jraines1973
    jraines1973 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I love it!!!!! Eat it every day because I also love my peanut butter and peanut butter and choc. I just ordered 4lb’s 2 of the regular peanut butter and 2 of the choc peanut butter. I ordered mine from amazon. It’s also great for baking!!!! You will not be disappointed!!!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I am Skippy PB addict!

Me too! I just find ways to moderate how much I eat, though I usually have Skippy daily. Just a few spoonfuls anymore. I wouldn't go for any substitue personally.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I can see dried PB as an occasional ingredient when a wet source wouldn't work but I can't see it as a staple in a diet. It's kind of Franken-foodie and weird to me. By removing the fat you have lost all the wonderful nutritional benefits of PB. The monounsaturated fats in peanut butter and other foods increase satiety and have been shown to reduce abdominal fat!

I use smaller amounts (1 Tablespoon) of the real, no sugar added, peanut butter. It's satisfying and actually good for you.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Does it tastes like real peanut butter? Not so much.

Is it worth it to curb cravings with less calories and fat? Absolutely!!!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

There's 1 gram of sugar in PB2. Did you even do the research on its nutrition?
    PB2 is not meant to replace peanut butter. You're not supposed to spread it on a sandwich. In things like yogurt, oatmeal, shakes, when you would normally put two tablespoons of peanut butter which could easily equal 190 calories, you can just put the same amount of this instead and get the same flavor.

PS. I eat peanut butter every day, and I still use PB2 in certain things rather than peanut butter.

Yeah sorry. Still going to eat the real stuff and yes, I did look at the nutritional content online.

Who says you have to use 2 tablespoons every time you use it? I put one TB in my oatmeal and smoothies. I'll do 1TB on a sandwich. 1/2 TB in my yogurt. I rarely, if ever, use 2 TB.
  • Candice_Says
    Candice_Says Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter :heart: is the best thing in the world. All I need is a spoon, and I'm good to go. Unfortunately it is also very much a trigger food for me, and I can no longer keep any quantity of it around. To that end, PB2 seemed like a god-send. At first it did the trick - it is quite tasty, I could measure the exact amount by weight, add it to almost anything, and it was just far enough removed from the natural state to where I didn't obsess over eating it all the time. :heart:

However, in the end the binge monster got me. OK, there was wine involved. :drinker: But one night I got super desperate and made a batch of cookies using what was left of the entire jar. So, if you're like me it might end up biting you in the *kitten*. :explode:

TL;DR - probably a good investment if you don't have a problem binging on massive quantities of the good stuff (like me). :sad: