Looking for a delicious salmon recipe

Options
I'm not huge on salmon, but trying to incorporate more of it in my diet. I'd love to find new yummy recipes if you've got one! Thanks!!!

Replies

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    baked salmons:

glaze salmon with spices of your choice ketchup and a tiny bit of soya sauce...sounds gross but it makes the salmon taste divine.

Salmon Salad sandwich

fluff salmon, add mayo, mustard, spices, tomato, green onion, red onion, pickles, garlic, ginger, spices of your choice. mix and put on wholewheat bread and enjoy
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    honestly, my favorite is salmon + salt + heat (frying pan or oven)
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    my favorite is balsamic glazed salmon, or honey mustard (or plain mustard) salmon. like
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/balsamic-glazed-salmon-recipe/index.html
    or
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/robin-miller/honey-mustard-glazed-salmon-fillets-recipe/index.html

most important? quality ingredients! when you only use 3-4 ingredients on your food, you really taste any shortcuts.
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    do the search thing. was a topic yesterday or 2 days ago with awesome recepies.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Salmon goes really, really well with pesto, if you have the calories to spend.
  • Lovlilyn
    Lovlilyn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I usually steam salmon fillets (put them on a broiling pan and drizzle with a little olive oil and s&p. Add water to the broiling pan, leave on middle rack and broil on high until fish is done - usually 15 min or so), but then use this sauce on top:
    http://www.food.com/recipe/tomato-vinaigrette-433666

The sauce is 125 calories for 2T, but I usually make it with half the olive oil, so then it is only 75 calories for 2T.
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My Grilled Salmon - this is a typical recipe I got from Kroger probably

Place salmon filet skin side down on a piece of heavy duty foil.

I drizzle a LITTLE EVOO on it...coating the top well. Do not oil the skin.

On top of that I put on some black pepper, a bit of garlic powder, a squirt or two of lemon juice, dill weed, and paprika.

Then I seal up the foil pack, and place it on my grill skin side down. The gas grill is set to medium high.

I let it cook for 20-25 minutes. I don't turn it. I just let it sit.

Open the top of the foil pack and peel the foil back so you can get a spatula under the filet. The skin ought to STICK to the foil so you insert your spatula between the skin and the flesh of the filet.

Throw it on a plate with a side salad and you're off to the races.

I usually use a 4-6 ounce skin on filet. I have used this method to cook an entire filet (half a fish) and it worked out great.

High heat is necessary, and getting a good seal on the foil pack is a must. You want to trap all that steamy goodness in there to help cook the fish.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Pan-fried with a couple grams of coconut oil (or whatever you decide you use for non-stick). I load it with dried dill. SO GOOD.

Or, put some cajun spice on there.

Or, put some cinnamon and after flipping once, drizzle maple syrup. I thought I would hate it, but it's amazing.

BTW, this all applies to trout, too. In fact, I think trout tastes better than salmon. You may want to catch some trout instead.
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Quick Salmon patties

2 pouches of Starkist pink salmon - love this stuff, no bones, no skin, all tasty meat
    1 Egg
    1 Cup Filler +/- (seasoned bread crumbs, cracker crumbs, shredded raw potato, crushed corn flakes..you get it)
    1/2 Cup finely chopped onions
    1 good squirt of lemon juice
    1 tsp Black Pepper
    2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
    1 TBSP Crushed Garlic

Mix it all up in a bowl...press into patties and place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with paprika if you want to, maybe some dill weed. Heat over to 400F and cook for about 20 minutes. These take about 15 minutes to mix up and patty out, and 20 mins to cook. I serve them with cocktail sauce. My wife likes a slice of Velveeta Cheese (YUCK) melted on hers. Good with baked potato, or a side salad, or mac and cheese...
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I just use salt, pepper and a lemon pepper. (I like a squeeze of lemon on fish but never have lemons in the house so I use the lemon pepper.) Then I bake or saute in a tbls of olive or canola oil. Simple and quick. I'll switch my profile picture to salmon so you can see the results.
  • rsmugala
    rsmugala Posts: 35
    Options
    Mix two parts brown sugar or brown sugar substiute, one part Old Bay seasoning, and one part Creole seasoning. Rub over salmon and bake, and squeeze fresh lemon juice at the end. It's a sweet and spicy kick, totally yummy.
  • Panthers89
    Panthers89 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    There are some Weber grill recipes that are fantastic, even if you bake or pan-fry:

Simple Salmon and Tequila Salmon are my favorites.

Epicurious also has a lot of salmon recipes.

The key is to purchase fresh salmon fillets from your grocery store - the meatier the better. Try to avoid the salmon steaks - the meat is coarser and you will have to eat around bones / spines.
  • ashleymcn01
    ashleymcn01 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to work on eating more fish in my diet. Check out www.skinnytaste.com, she has some simple but amazing recipes for Salmon, Talipia, etc. You can sort them out by clicking on her "Fish" category.
  • houdek07
    houdek07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For Salmon while going out to dinner, I had the herb-grilled salmon from olive garden with their brocolli. Yummy!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump