Flaxseed Grinder ?????

Options
Hello

looking for a good grinder for flax seeds, iv tried 2electric herb grinders and the seds just seem to be too small so dont grind down.

Any ideas on a good, inexpensive grinder ?????. is it better to use electric or manual ?????

********** im in scotland *************

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a coffee grinder?
  • lovesdogs1960
    Options
    coffee grinder works great and they aren't very expensive
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I just put them in my blender. Works great. A coffee grinder is good too.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Mines called a blender...

but a coffee bean grinder would probably work well too

ETA: LOL! Guess I should have read the other responses first.. LOL
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I use the Krups Coffee Grinder Model # 203-42 to grind flax for my horses. Costs about $20-25. I've bought two, and they are both still going strong after more than 5 years of daily use.

Bought a Braun when my DD2 went off to college with her horses. She gave it back and kept the other Krups. I never really liked it--larger, noisier, not as well-designed, push button came loose (still worked, but an annoyance), and then it quit altogether.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    A coffee grinder would work.

I use my Cuisnart blender thing... like the magic bullet but a better quality.
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I use my coffee bean grinder or my Magic Bullet...both work perfectly!!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I use a whirly-blade "coffee" grinder (I wouldn't use it for coffee, after having bought a good burr grinder for that - night and day difference, but anyhow, that's a whole other can of beans).

You might want to shake it as you grind to try and get it ground a bit more evenly. It works great. It's a little harder to shake a full-sized blender.
  • Meaghansherman
    Meaghansherman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I put flaxseeds in my magic bullet they grind up nicely then I add them to my shakes. :)