Trying NOT to update

Options
So... After several months of basically just doing whatever I feel like and becoming increasingly frustrated with the way I look, I'm back on the wagon.

Which is awesome!

Except I want to measure/weigh/whatever myself EVERY DAY. Which is super frustrating. I haven't since Tuesday, and I'm trying to make myself wait until this coming Tuesday, but I'm SO IMPATIENT. RAGHR.

What do you do to pass the time, keep your mind off things?

Replies

• luvinna
    luvinna Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hide your scale. Might that help? I keep mine in the linen closet in my bathroom and only pull it out to weigh in. Out of sight, out of mind.
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    If you want to weigh yourself everyday, knock yourself out. Just keep in mind that your weight can fluctuate from day to day for many reasons, most commonly water retention.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Workout HARD! Always a pleasant suprise next time I weight myself!
  • ravenwcatz
    ravenwcatz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If you want to weigh yourself everyday, knock yourself out. Just keep in mind that your weight can fluctuate from day to day for many reasons, most commonly water retention.

Yeah, that's typically why I DON'T want to do so every day. I know, logically, that you can't see your progress between one day and the next, that it takes time and patience, and that I'm looking for an *overall* and not a *right now* solution, but. I also just want my jeans to fit better *today.* If that makes sense.
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be a size 6 tomorrow, but it ain't going to happen. Just stick with it. Eat right, workout regularly and the changes will come. Stepping on the scale and getting out the measuring tape everyday isn't going to make it happen faster.

Also, faster is not the best route. Slower weight loss if healthier and if you have significant weight to lose it will allow your skin to shrink with you. My biggest fear is dropping too fast and ending up with hanging skin everywhere.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,022 Member
    Options

Yeah, that's typically why I DON'T want to do so every day. I know, logically, that you can't see your progress between one day and the next, that it takes time and patience, and that I'm looking for an *overall* and not a *right now* solution, but. I also just want my jeans to fit better *today.* If that makes sense.

We all find what works by first doing lots of mini-experiments on ourselves.

In the end, it's a process. Whether you weight daily or weigh monthly really doesn't change the ultimate outcome. I like the charts some people make - graphs with daily weights for a couple years. I also see the value in not holding on too tightly to the reports from the scale on the floor.

Each of us finds what works. . . and even that changes from time to time.

Good luck:flowerforyou: