I'm soooo unmotivated!!!

Options
I have been trying to loose weight for about 2 months now...I was doing really well in the beginning and lost 10 pounds almost instantly! But I haven't lost anything in 2 weeks, but I have maintained my weight loss without gaining. Since I count everything I eat, it is getting pretty annoying to my hubby. He is supportive and I have seen him actually try to mimick what I eat...which is awesome, but he really isn't helpful. Plus my son is home from school for the summer, and we are always out doing things...which is really not helping. I always grab the nutritional menu before the regular menu to see what fits in for the calorie intake. Since we are always out, by the time I get home...I am so exhausted the last thing I want to do is exercise. I am at 175 and my goal is 125. Not sure on what to do...I am really not the type to wake up and work out, especially doing P90X. Any suggestions to get me back on track? I would love to loose another 3-5 lbs by the end of June. Ugggg....need some motivational help :sad:

Replies

• Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My progress has been REALLY SLOW as well and I've been on a plateau for a while now (I just joined here last month but I've been calorie managing since January). I decided to try calorie cycling this week to see if it helps (varying my calorie intake by a few hundred every day but keeping the same weekly grand total). It goofs up your food journal, making it think you're over and under and all that, but who cares - *I* know what I'm doing :wink:

Hope this helps - good luck!
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is a shorter workout 20-30 minutes so it's easy to squeeze in.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    There is a good topic floating around here, that explains why you are plateauing. its frustrating but sounds like u are right on track. Keep it up and you will see a loss again real soon!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I know you said you're measuring but that doesn't tell us what you're tracking. Do you watch your sodium, if you do, are you staying within 2400mg? How is your sugar intake? If you're drinking or eating things with a lot of fake sugar...like diet sodas or 100 calorie packs that have high fructose corn syrup in them, this could be throwing your efforts off. Try to stay within 40g of ADDED/processed sugar. Eat more fruits & vegetables if you haven't been.

There are a lot of factors to choose from. And if you can't work out at night, you're going to have to work out in the morning if you do want to get one in. Wake up 40 minutes earlier, go walk for 20 minutes, take a shower, and you're good to go. You should be able to burn a couple hundred calories just from walking and you've gotten some cardio in to burn fat. If you can't do that, try to pick activities that are active. Go to the mall and do a lot of walking. Or do something outdoors that requires physical activity.
  • iluvjac
    iluvjac Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!! After I wrote it , I felt even worse, cuz I thought..."wow how lazy am I" :) My older son has offered to go walking with me anytime I want, so that helps! Thanks for the extra **umph*** I really appreciate it!