Meal Replacement?!

Options
2»

Replies

• AlinaGenevieve
    Options
    They're very good if you know which work best for your body. If you don't eat many carbs a day anyway, try Atkins shakes. If you prefer good old lasagna and garlic bread, try Special K shakes.:bigsmile:
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Walker's Diet Meal Replacements are good. I use to use them when I first started out to curb appetite. Works good, mixes good, tastes good, and low carbs with lots of vitamins.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Please stop with the 'I've heard this and that about shake x.... If you don't have facts, don't say anything. Or look it up.

I'm NOT a shakeology coach and I use it, because it fills me up and reduces my cravings (it's not a every day thing for me though). It has 6g of sugar in each scoop but has a low glucose index. When you consider that a cup of yogurt has the same amount of sugar or more, it's not such a big deal, IMO. I've tried other shakes and they didn't fill me up anywhere as much and at least I know this one has no artificial sweeteners.

I absolutely understand why some people think it doesn't teach you proper portion control etc. Personally I use protein/fiber bars and shakes to satisfy my sweet tooth without destroying my diet. When I feel like eating real food, I eat real food (which I do anyway most of the time!), but it really doesn't fill me as much for the calories. And if I have a bad chocolate craving, I can just have a bar or shake instead. Works every time.
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and I lack a gall bladder. I use the body bi vi shakes because I'm not hungry in the morning before I work out. What else gives you 12 protein and only comes at the cost of 7 carbs? Nothing that I would eat. So I use one or two a day. What works for you is great, but the people saying they won't work in the long run is only their opinion. I see my nutritionist once every three months and she is proud of me. My doctor knows all the standard process supplements I'm taking and tells me to keep up the good work. You have to do what works for you. It's not a one size fits all plan that fits everyone's needs. Wish you the best of luck.

I agree with you that it's not a one size fits all plan. Thank you for remembering that. Not everyone on this site has that in mind. Have you tried eggs in the morning. Lots of protein without the carbs. Nothing wrong with your shake, just an option.