Vacation activities- how do you count the cardio?

Options
Vacation a few weeks. I know that I will be doing a ton of walking with my family but probably less brisk than of normally consider "cardio". If you were spending the day walking a theme park or shopping would you count as cardio? Basically... When I'm walking for three hours can I justify the parks hot pretzels?

p.s. I promise not to count time in a line as cardio

Replies

• bizzyboo1
    Options
    anyone?
  • bdburch
    bdburch Posts: 127
    Options
    Personally, I would count the time if it is out of the ordinary walking. I believe there is an option for a leisurely pace. I may not count all of the time (subtracting time that I would walk on any normal day). It's really up to you though as it's a personal option.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Unless I am doing an actual workout while on vacation (which I do) I would not count calories from regular walking unless I was off hiking some place.
  • srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Days like this were the reason I originally got the Fitbit to track my activites. We had spent the day a Pleasure Pier in Galveston and I had walked all day and just counted a small portion of it as walking. I got the Fitbit and had it last weekend when we were in New Orleans for a cheer competition and it tracked all my steps. Not including my running each day, I logged at least 5 extra miles in walking each day and it was captured! Any calories above what I'm expected to burn from MFP were added by fitbit. I love it and will be using it when we go to Disney this summer!
  • bizzyboo1
    Options
    Thanks all. I love the idea of fitbit but I'm so darn cheap!!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Count the what?
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your vacation and worry about counting calories when you get home. Just try not to over do it too much with the eating and drinking. We all need to take a break and indulge once in a while
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    It's vacation...time to practice for real life and intuitive eating and exercising.
  • guzzlingil
    Options
    What I normally do...is get up before everyone else and do 2-3 miles....log those miles and calories burned...

then you count the time walking/exercising around at a theme park as lagniappe...