Coffee with Cream costs me 140 calories

Options
I use Hazelnut Creamer and to get it sweet enough I need to put 4 tblspoons in........ that uses up alot of calories in the morning and I only have 1200 per day. Anyone any ideas?

Replies

• wharmychippy
    Options
    Use less creamer
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    possibly make your coffee weaker(less tart) so it sweetens up faster with less creamer.

But IMO that is a small price to pay for coffee in the morning which is a must have for me.
  • minijag06
    minijag06 Posts: 70
    Options
    I cut down to one cup with 2 Tbl of Fat Free French Vanilla. That's 50 calories. I also use a 1/2 packet of Splenda
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free creamer. Coffeemate Sugar Free Hazelnut creamer is 15 calories per tbsp.

Personally, I don't care for the sugar free hazelnut flavor, but I really enjoy the sugar free caramel macchiato flavor (same calorie count).

I also sweeten with splenda (2-3 packets) so that I only have to use 1 tbsp of creamer per cup of coffee.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I use Hazelnut Creamer and to get it sweet enough I need to put 4 tblspoons in........ that uses up alot of calories in the morning and I only have 1200 per day. Anyone any ideas?

Use less creamer. Or tried brewing hazelnut flavored coffee beans then add just a wee but of sweetner. I also like using vanilla or almond extracts to flavor my coffee. As a side note - 1200 calories is really low, probably below your BMR. Upping your calorie limit a few hundred would probably not hinder your progress. Just a suggestion.
  • laurenmanderson1
    laurenmanderson1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I use hazelnut flavored coffee and add Silk Very Vanilla Soy milk and splenda. it is only about 20-30 calories for 2 cups. :happy:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

1) raise your calories

2) drink your coffee black or use milk to save calories
  • rlalig
    rlalig Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I always use flavored coffee or mild blends of coffee - helps me to use a little less creamer
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    How important is your morning coffee to you?
    Would you be willing to cut back how often you drink coffee each week that way you can have it exactly the way you like it? And or the other days maybe have an herbal tea instead?
    If drinking coffee less frequently is not ideal for you then maybe changing your choice of sweetener would help? Maybe use sweetened Vanilla Almond milk instead?
    Good luck with your experiment either way.
  • pjrichmond
    pjrichmond Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use fat free creamer = 10 calories.
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the flavored splenda packets....they have hazelnut......also recently started usng unsweetened almond milk as my coffee creamer.....it is only 30 cal for a whole cup!...Tasty on cereal too ;)
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I use 2 TBSP creamer and a Sweet N Low
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Use 5% cream and hazelnut or french vanilla flavoured splenda. You can find it in Walmart.
  • fvolley
    fvolley Posts: 124
    Options
    I am the same way. I got to have my morning COFFEE. I usually have a 20oz. coffee with 4T of fat free creamer and 2T of Truvia.

I plan on cutting down on the amount of coffee I drink every week until I can either quit or just have a small cup. Right now though I enjoy sipping on my 20 oz. coffee for the morning then I switch to water.

You will either have to cut the coffee, cut down on the ingredients, or suck it up and cut out other things during the day. I feel your pain though I know it totally stinks.

Maybe you can find lower calorie alternatives. I am thinking about trying my coffee with skim milk instead of creamer. I also saw a post about somebody using brown sugar. Also honey could help it too. Just some ideas!
  • jrknotts
    jrknotts Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I drink it black!
  • leftymae5858
    Options
    same here i use hazelnut sugar free creamer, I was using splendia but with the creamer it taste good. I also use this item that I found at the Dollar Tree cafe al Fresco gourmet syrups that I add to my coffee zero calories, fats,carbs, sugar, fiber.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    My morning travel mug of coffee is worth every bit 130 calories and I would not give it up for anything... I guess it comes down to if it is that important to you and if it is than figure out a way to make it work, if not you will need to make some substitutes to get the calories down.....
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    buy more calories
  • Jennicillin
    Options
    I buy hazelnut flavored coffee and use 2Tbs. fat free milk instead of creamer
  • jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i use sugar free french vanilla creamer and I think its right at 15 calories for 1 TBS, plus I will add some FF milk