Weigh ins

Options
How often do you weigh in? I have recently have been weighing in daily. Is that too often? I feel it gives be insight to what I need to do that day based on what the scale shows either loss or gain. But it can be quite frustrating at times. So what are your suggestions? How often do you weigh?

Replies

• megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I have read that the most successful dieters weight in every day. They can make adjustments rapidly if they see a upward trend starting. I usually weigh daily or every other. I know some people don't weight in that often but it works for me.
  • kawade80
    kawade80 Posts: 44
    Options
    I weigh in every other week. If I think about the scale too much it really bothers me.
  • brandyirigoyen
    Options
    Thanks! I was hoping I wasn't being to compulsive lol. How much do you aim to lose on a daily basis? or even weekly?
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i only weigh in once a week right now, when i get 2 my goal weight then i'll go down to either twice or once a month. but if u weighed everyday wouldn't it fluctuate too much? :huh: altho u could weigh everday but maybe just officially track it once a wk. i can undersrtand that but weighin everyday is personally too much for me. i'm more into the inches lost and the bodyfat percentage. the only reason that i'm weighin myself is because i want to join the military and they want u 2 b a certain weight.... :grumble:
  • rpion324
    rpion324 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i have heard it different ways... some say daily and others say no more often than once a week... i usually weigh myself daily but lately it has really discouraged me, so i have been trying to stay away... as far as weight loss goes ur natural body weight can fluctuate +/- 2lb a day but healthy perminate weight loss is 1-2 lb per week
  • karenga
    karenga Posts: 28
    Options
    I weigh in twice a week. I tried just getting on the scales once a week but found it too hard not to check so just do it twice now. I only put my Saturday weighin results on the site though. I find I fluctuate too much on a daily basis.
  • disneyfetishboy
    disneyfetishboy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day, just because it helps me *stay* motivated. I also like to have the frequent feedback so I can make food and exercise modifications (if I sense a plateau, for instance).

I think it has the opposite effect for some, so your mileage may vary.
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have a set date of every Friday to weigh-in...in the am, of course. However, I'm guilty of weighing myself every other day or so just to kinda "see whats happening" :ohwell: ....I plan on posting my weight every friday after my weigh-in. And ts best to lose 1-2lbs a week or 5lbs a mth...according to what I've learned in nursing school and by the dietician/nutritionist at work....but I don't see why it would hurt to lose a bit more if your a big girl like me.... :wink:
  • brandyirigoyen
    Options
    Thank you for all your responses! Maybe I will try to limit my weigh ins too twice a week maybe than I won't be so discouraged with the 1-4 pound flucuations.
  • loca511
    loca511 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    well what works for me is I weigh in first thing in the morning after i use the bathroom ... it helps me know where im at and its working im down 55lbs
    :smile:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I peek at the scale almost daily but I encourage you to pick one day a week as the Official Weigh In Day. Depending on the salt you had the day before your weight could go up or if I've had a couplke glasses of wine (dehydrate me) my weight goes down.....so I admit to looking at the scale daily more for fun and to keep me honest to myself. However I've picked one day, one time and that's what goes on the ticker, that's the official.....If you don't understand your body (and everyone's is different) weighing everyday can make you crazy. :laugh:
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    I weigh myself every day but usually only update it here 1-2 times a week!
  • brandyirigoyen
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I've been trying to only weigh once a week. It was real hard the first week but all in al it was much less stressful. I'm not agonizing the weigh in any more.