TIPS FOR RUNNING PLEASE?

Options
What is the correct posture to run? I hear so many different things now a days.. From heel to front, from front to back or from center to back? Im barely gonna start training to run my first 5k and I would like to know so I wont mess up my feet. Any other advice is welcome!:D

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Google Good Form Running. There are a lot of resources available with diagrams, pictures, and videos.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    head up and straight ahead, shoulders back, hands brushing about hip level. I run heel down first but there is this method called chi running that is toe first and supposed to be very effective (but strange looking)
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    As far as your feet go, read this: http://barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu/index.html Extremely valuable information for you. If you're just starting, you can develop a great technique now to avoid injuries in the future.
    With love,
    Burt
  • TotallyNotBillNye
    Options
    it all depends on your body style, and your running style will not stay the same so don't fight it when pounds start shedding. Things to consider are your gait style, arch, wear pattern, any injury issues. Best thing is to record yourself running, do some foot impressions and check the bottom of old shoes. get a good idea of where you are at right now as far as natural stride. ABOVE ALL, make sure you have the correct shoe. do some homework.
  • davegruper
    davegruper Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you are worried about your feet, the most important consideration is your shoes. Go to a quality running specialy store in your area and have someone at the store recommend a shoe for your foot/running type. They should ask you some questions about your training/running goals and habits and watch you walk before recommending a shoe. Then try on the shoes for fit and comfort (take a run around the block if they will let you). The right shoe makes all the difference. Good luck in your training and your first 5k. I hope it is the first of many!!
  • piggybunny89
    piggybunny89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the recommendations!!