My mid P90X Tranformation with Pics!

Options

Replies

• lgblack
    lgblack Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My trainer has been telling me for 2 years the same mantra...80% food, 20% exercise. I was doing the exercising, and wasn't really eating tons - but I am over 50 and the metabolism during menopause is very sluggish. So the 80% food was not really being tested. This January, with a 25th Anniversary vacation in Jamaica coming up April 4, my trainer asked me to use MFP and hand in my food journals to him every week, plus do the programs he designes for me, plus my 2 Zumba classes per week (for my cardio). I had used MFP before, and new it worked, as it keeps you honest with yourself. Try handing those journals into a trainer, who I see daily as I work in the office at a recreation/fitness centre!!! "He can't see that I ate that?"...so I don't do it :) In the first 3 weeks I was down 6 lbs and 5.6 inches total. Next Friday is my next program change and measurements. I am down 10lbs as of today, and am anxious to see where weight and inche will be next week!! Then I will have just short of 3 weeks to power to my deadline!! After the work I have done, there is no way I am going to blow it in Jamaica (all inclusive for 2 weeks) so I will work out down there and eat well. Try and balance those pool side drinks :) Then continue to work on the next 10-15 lbs to my goal. We have learned an important lesson. To lose the weight is part of the goal. To ensure your body looks fit, strong, and healthy is the other side of it. So both are important. It is just that eating all that food to get to where we are was not hard....taking it off is!!!
  • boomerz12
    boomerz12 Posts: 140
    Options
    You have a great testimony to share! WTG!

Agreed!
    Good for you for giving up your addiction and striving to better yourself. You look amazing!
    It may have not been alcohol but I got pretty bad on pain pills about a year ago and I know first hand how tough it is to walk away from something that made me feel good and I liked doing. But I cleaned up for myself my family and my daughter. I feel great now and I'm sure you do too. Keep up the good work.
  • sabauman
    sabauman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great results!! Are you following the diet too?

I do follow the diet in portion wise. In other words, I stick to the calories about 1800 - 2300 depending on the workout for the day. and my watch my macros (Protein/Carbs/fat) I cut out almost all sweets and eat very clean (minimal processed foods) 80% of this is really the diet 20% is the exercise.
  • evapanini
    Options
    Good job! The unfortunate thing is that we are creatures of habit. The fortunate thing is that we are creatures of habit. You are living proof that where you put your energy makes all the difference. Congratulations on your positive changes and thanks for sharing!!
  • sabauman
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!

Thank you, neighbor! Almost anyway :)
  • camilla48
    camilla48 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look great. I was laughing with a trainer at my gym this week about how I wish I could invent a robot to put in the effort form me, and he said that most folks would try, do or give anything to be in shape, look great, and have killer abs, except eat right and exercise, of course... You are proof of what "putting in the effort" looks like. Well done.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your story. Great inspiration. Most of all so thankful to hear of a lost man who has been found.
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Good job! Motivates me to work out a little harder.
  • sabauman
    Options
    My trainer has been telling me for 2 years the same mantra...80% food, 20% exercise. I was doing the exercising, and wasn't really eating tons - but I am over 50 and the metabolism during menopause is very sluggish. So the 80% food was not really being tested. This January, with a 25th Anniversary vacation in Jamaica coming up April 4, my trainer asked me to use MFP and hand in my food journals to him every week, plus do the programs he designes for me, plus my 2 Zumba classes per week (for my cardio). I had used MFP before, and new it worked, as it keeps you honest with yourself. Try handing those journals into a trainer, who I see daily as I work in the office at a recreation/fitness centre!!! "He can't see that I ate that?"...so I don't do it :) In the first 3 weeks I was down 6 lbs and 5.6 inches total. Next Friday is my next program change and measurements. I am down 10lbs as of today, and am anxious to see where weight and inche will be next week!! Then I will have just short of 3 weeks to power to my deadline!! After the work I have done, there is no way I am going to blow it in Jamaica (all inclusive for 2 weeks) so I will work out down there and eat well. Try and balance those pool side drinks :) Then continue to work on the next 10-15 lbs to my goal. We have learned an important lesson. To lose the weight is part of the goal. To ensure your body looks fit, strong, and healthy is the other side of it. So both are important. It is just that eating all that food to get to where we are was not hard....taking it off is!!!

Exactly! I'm pushing 50 myself and when I first started my metabolism was low. I had a lot of fat and not much muscle to help burn that fat. Stick to a healthy diet where you can. Life happens. You will find yourself in places where you are hungry and the only thing to eat is a bbq burger. Don't sweat it. but let it make you lose your commitment either. I love those all inclusive vacations! :) We go to Mexico every year and I know I'm going to have to do some running to burn off those extra calories. Good luck on your fitness journey. Commit and work hard!
  • camillerivera
    Options
    I'm not big on telling my story because I don't think I really have anything to tell that can be nearly as inspiring at some of the stories I've heard.

At my heaviest I weighed in at 230 lbs. I had gotten to the point where I didn't really care about how I looked or felt anymore. At the time I was an active alcoholic usually consuming upwards of 2-3 liters of vodka every day. I finally hit my bottom and committed my life to my King and Savior. Since that time, I struggled through replacing alcohol with anything that could make me feel better, including over eating.

One day I just got tired of feeling like crap and having no energy to do anything. So I downloaded a C25K app and started running. That's when I realized that I could turn my addictive behavior into some good and I became obsessed with my health and fitness.

60 days ago I decided I needed to step it up and I started P90X, the rest is history and the photos below are just a beginning to where I want to be.

Here is my heaviest at 230lbs in 2010
    f19031721_zps3077e338.jpg

These are when I started P90X. The first picture is 30 days prior to starting.
    P90XDay28challengeprogress_zpsbce18f6e.jpg

This picture is at 60 days taken today (3/7/2013)
    IMG_0076_zpsc37a09d2.jpg

Another 4 weeks of P90X and I'm expecting bigger results! :D

I need to show my bf this! Hes also on the P90X train! Great job btw :D !!!!
  • uidb5259
    uidb5259 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great job and a great testimony. I wish you luck in your last month. I have done P90X once but I need to hit it again. But I found out that the 80% food thing is no joke. Even though I was in good condition, I was not loosing the fat like I hoped. That will change this time around.

Keep it up!
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I can do all things through GOD who strengthens ME!!! GOD bless! You are amazing!
  • sabauman
    Options
    Agreed!
    Good for you for giving up your addiction and striving to better yourself. You look amazing!
    It may have not been alcohol but I got pretty bad on pain pills about a year ago and I know first hand how tough it is to walk away from something that made me feel good and I liked doing. But I cleaned up for myself my family and my daughter. I feel great now and I'm sure you do too. Keep up the good work.
    [/quote]

Congrats on getting off the meds!!! Nothing better then to feel good naturally! (although fitness doesn't come naturally and is always hard work) but the payoff is so much better!
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on turning your life around.
  • sabauman
    Options
    Great job and a great testimony. I wish you luck in your last month. I have done P90X once but I need to hit it again. But I found out that the 80% food thing is no joke. Even though I was in good condition, I was not loosing the fat like I hoped. That will change this time around.

Keep it up!

Good luck on your second round!! If you put as much commitment into eating healthy as you do to your workouts. You will get results. One other thing. I did not do this alone. As much as I would like to take credit for staying committed and motivated, I really owe it to my coach at beachbody.com and the challenge group I am a part of. It's a team of us that connect daily on our workouts and diet. We become accountable to report. Believe me, we all have down days and that's a part of it. Be honest with yourself when you track your food and your workouts.
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success and on finding Jesus. Amen!
  • sabauman
    Options
    I can do all things through GOD who strengthens ME!!! GOD bless! You are amazing!

Thank you!! Amen Sister!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    *whistles* you look damn good to me!

also, i'm a sober alcoholic. totally secular though, but congrats on overcoming an addiction!
  • sabauman
    Options
    *whistles* you look damn good to me!

also, i'm a sober alcoholic. totally secular though, but congrats on overcoming an addiction!

haha! :) Thank you!!
  • fitgal05
    fitgal05 Posts: 149
    Options
    I'm not big on telling my story because I don't think I really have anything to tell that can be nearly as inspiring at some of the stories I've heard.

At my heaviest I weighed in at 230 lbs. I had gotten to the point where I didn't really care about how I looked or felt anymore. At the time I was an active alcoholic usually consuming upwards of 2-3 liters of vodka every day. I finally hit my bottom and committed my life to my King and Savior. Since that time, I struggled through replacing alcohol with anything that could make me feel better, including over eating.

One day I just got tired of feeling like crap and having no energy to do anything. So I downloaded a C25K app and started running. That's when I realized that I could turn my addictive behavior into some good and I became obsessed with my health and fitness.

60 days ago I decided I needed to step it up and I started P90X, the rest is history and the photos below are just a beginning to where I want to be.

Here is my heaviest at 230lbs in 2010
    f19031721_zps3077e338.jpg

These are when I started P90X. The first picture is 30 days prior to starting.
    P90XDay28challengeprogress_zpsbce18f6e.jpg

This picture is at 60 days taken today (3/7/2013)
    IMG_0076_zpsc37a09d2.jpg

Another 4 weeks of P90X and I'm expecting bigger results! :D

Good job, what type of diet did you do to go along with it. I'm sure those results include a good diet!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!