Looking to connect with others for support

Options
Hi, I'm Melissa. I've actually had an account on this website for a while now, but haven't done anything with it. I've decided to get serious about trying to get healthy and lose weight. I created a Twitter specifically for my weight loss journey and also a blog. I'm trying to connect with people on this website, on twitter and on the blog who are also trying to lose weight and get healthy so that we can help support eachother. If anyone wants to connect on twitter or the blog, the twitter is http://twitter.com/melissa_diet and the blog is http://melissasdietblog.blogster.com

I really hope that by connecting with others I can actually stick to a healthy lifestyle. I've tried dieting so many times and given up. I need to try something new and I don't think I can do it alone.

Replies

• edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Options
    Your definetly not alone! I started working out in April and then got on here almost 2 weeks ago! Cutting back calories is hard and exercise is hard, once you get going a few weeks into exercise it does get easier and eventually you really look forward to it and crave it. You should try some of Jillian Michaels DVD's. I love her training. My fav is the Yoga Meltdown. I also have the 30 day shred which is tough but does get easier. Also I found an exercise bike at walmart.com for $100. I love it all and thinking about getting Jillians other DVD's! Welcome and good luck and if you have questions or anything or just need some motivation you can send me a message!
  • brandyirigoyen
    Options
    This is definetely a long hard journey but very much worth it! I use DVDs as well as go to the gym. Some of my collection is; Jillian's 30 day shred, biggest loser last chance workout, Fitness TV, Brazilian Butt Lift, P90X. My hardest thing is staying motivated and sticking to a program. I think connecting with others will help that.
  • confuseacat
    confuseacat Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! The support I have gained here is great and I wouldn't have gotten this far without it. Hope you find it encouraging and helpful here as I have. I'm not a gym kinda person :blushing: but I do try to walk for exercise and do a lot of outdoor work and activities to try and be healthy. The one thing that has helped me is to log food daily. Not always perfect but if I at least log into the site everyday I am encouraged by my friends it will help me stick to it. I would have never come this far if I was doing it on my own. Hope you find encourgement and tools for a healthy lifestyle here.:flowerforyou:
  • melissawaters
    melissawaters Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hi!!! 2 days new here, looking for people to maybe help with this process (weight loss) :flowerforyou:
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    welcome everyone! :-) you've come to the right place, the support on mfp is fantastic. participating in forums and making friends really help the support process. please feel free to add me.

good luck,
    liz
  • sweetpea87
    Options
    hi there! ive been on here for a while now but really i am just starting my dieting and exercise and its going good so far. im also looking to make friends and we can support each other, swap recipes, share tips and advice, etc. you can send me a message if you want to. i also have PCOS and am working on trying to get that under control. im 23 and been married for 2 and 1/2 years now and am trying to get pregnant and start a family. would love to have some friends that i can talk to and things like that. ive never had twitter before, is it any good? lol im on facebook so dont know anything about twitter lol. anyway you can send me a message if you want. take care and good luck!