"No-cook" stick with you breakfast

Options
Fab140
Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
What kind of breakfast is little or no-cook (I have a tiny apartment....the smell of eggs cooking sticks around for days!) but will stick with me longer than an hour??

I had whole grain toast and peanut butter this morning and have already eaten half of my lunch 2 hours later!

:flowerforyou:
Thanks in advance.....Meg

Replies

• Fab140
    Options
    What kind of breakfast is little or no-cook (I have a tiny apartment....the smell of eggs cooking sticks around for days!) but will stick with me longer than an hour??

I had whole grain toast and peanut butter this morning and have already eaten half of my lunch 2 hours later!

:flowerforyou:
    Thanks in advance.....Meg
  • AJneuro
    AJneuro Posts: 33
    Options
    SMoothies!
  • susanabrooks83
    Options
    My favorite is oatmeal. Quaker instant oatmeal is pretty good. Just add hot water!
  • Fab140
    Options
    My favorite is oatmeal. Quaker instant oatmeal is pretty good. Just add hot water!

That is yummy! But what about the protein? Maybe a small amount of smoothie and a small mount of oatmeal?

How long can you keep a smoothie in the fridge? I'm thinking about pre-making them.
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Bagels aren't too bad if you get a good one, and they stick with you. I also eat Lean Pockets Ham and Cheddar. Only 280 calories and they stick with you for awhile. Oatmeal is great. If I'm in a hurry I usually do a slim fast, but those sure don't stick very long.
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Yup. Give me 99 seconds with the microwave & my oatmeal then grab a banana or apple & I'm ready to go.
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I don't know about pre-making smoothies, but M-F, I make a protein smoothie before work. It takes about 3 minutes to put together and blend....

1Half a cup of V8 Light Fusion Stawberries and Banana
    1/4 cup plain fat free yogurt
    1 scoop whey protein
    1/4 c frozen blueberries
    6 frozen strawberries.

ice as needed

and sometimes I use skim milk instead of the V8 fusion. delish and it gets me through the morning, although most people would have you add something like a peice or whole wheat toast. But trust me, once you are used to making it, it takes no time at all!

good luck!
  • Fab140
    Options
    I'm printing these all out and as soon as I have more than just moths in my wallet, I will start on the good path!!

:happy:

Thanks ya'll!!
  • LitlKoz
    LitlKoz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat bagels with low fat vegie cream cheese; sometimes w/ a banana later in the morning
    Kelloggs Special K - Cinnamon peacon...good stuff, it's like Cinnamon Toast Crunch!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    nonfat plain yogurt ("greek" style if you can find it) (1 cup is plenty)
    handful of chopped walnuts (pecans are also nice)
    fruit of your choice (I had fresh figs this am)
    and a drizzle of a tsp. of honey.

I eat this for breakfast when I know I won't get a chance for a midmorning snack. It's high in protein, and very filling.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    -Cottage cheese and apple butter plus a granola bar

-OR-

A handful of frozen berries with some nonfat plain yogurt. Add some bulk granola too (bulk is MUCH cheaper than getting it in other containers).

Also, smoothies are another good one :)
  • Fab140
    Options
    num-num-num-num!

Sounds yummy you guys!!
  • IndigoElectron
    IndigoElectron Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have 1oz oatmeal with skimmed milk, a tbsp peanut butter and 1 cup berries, it works out about 300 cals and is very filling. You could have a banana instead of the berries, that will fill you up for even longer!
  • Wizzle
    Wizzle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Try a Cliff Bar, they are about 230 cals and 6 Fat Grams. Great for on the run.
  • arliemac
    arliemac Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try my favorite breakfast. I make a microwave egg sandwich in less than 5 minutes for a total of 230 calories. Use a glass bowl and spray it with Pam if you like. Scramble one egg mixed with a "tub" of coffee creamer. Microwave egg/milk on high for one minute. Place egg on toasted, lightly buttered high fiber bread and salt and pepper to taste. I indulge myself with a large coffee and creamer, but the best advice I can give you is to make the first thing you eat EVERY morning a small apple with the skin on, Anyway, total calories for all is 365 and it lasts for me well into 3+ hours after eating breakfast.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    you could do hard-boiled eggs instead of fryign them....... notmuch of a smell there but you still get all the nutrients.
  • randimockensturm
    randimockensturm Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    As strange as this may seem I've never shared a recipe before so I hope this is clear enough for
    people to understand. I just love this recipe so much that I felt it worth giving it a try. I apologize if it is confusing.

This is a healthy Mediterranean style breakfast that I used to eat when I lived in the Middle East.
    The greeks make something similar - I LOVE IT and it is low cal and healthy if you use non fat yogurt.
    You can spread this on Melba toast slices or use it like butter.
    You can mix it with veggies or with fruit or spices and dried beef.
    You can make it once and it lasts throughout the week. It is REALLY easy to make.

LOW FAT YOGURT CHEESE SPREAD:
    To make this you need a coffee filter [or to improvise a filter ]
    I use a cheap plastic and mesh coffee filter that you can buy at the grocery store to make this cheese.
    You can probably use a paper filter or improvise a filter with cheese cloth or cotton.

INGREDIENTS
    - 1 large container of plain lowfat yogurt
    the following ingredients to your taste.
    - low sodium chipped dried beef
    - dried [or fresh] minced onions
    - dried [or fresh] parsley
    - dried [or fresh] chives
    - Chopped green or black olives [I prefer to use the dried black Calamati olives]
    - Mr or Ms Dash or other healthy spice mixes [if you have access to a middle eastern grocery you might want to try buying a spice mix called ZATAR. It is awesome
    - 1 or 2 Tablespoons of Olive oil.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    Place your non-fat yogurt in a suspended filter over night in the refrigerator.
    When you wake up in the morning you the liquids should have mostly drained from the yogurt and you will be left with a cheese that looks very much like cream cheese in your filter.
    Remove the yogurt cheese and place in a mixing bowl. Blend in desired ingredients and spices.
    Spread on Melba toast.

Thanks!
  • Fab140
    Options
    As strange as this may seem I've never shared a recipe before so I hope this is clear enough for
    people to understand. I just love this recipe so much that I felt it worth giving it a try. I apologize if it is confusing.

This is a healthy Mediterranean style breakfast that I used to eat when I lived in the Middle East.
    The greeks make something similar - I LOVE IT and it is low cal and healthy if you use non fat yogurt.
    You can spread this on Melba toast slices or use it like butter.
    You can mix it with veggies or with fruit or spices and dried beef.
    You can make it once and it lasts throughout the week. It is REALLY easy to make.

LOW FAT YOGURT CHEESE SPREAD:
    To make this you need a coffee filter [or to improvise a filter ]
    I use a cheap plastic and mesh coffee filter that you can buy at the grocery store to make this cheese.
    You can probably use a paper filter or improvise a filter with cheese cloth or cotton.

INGREDIENTS
    - 1 large container of plain lowfat yogurt
    the following ingredients to your taste.
    - low sodium chipped dried beef
    - dried [or fresh] minced onions
    - dried [or fresh] parsley
    - dried [or fresh] chives
    - Chopped green or black olives [I prefer to use the dried black Calamati olives]
    - Mr or Ms Dash or other healthy spice mixes [if you have access to a middle eastern grocery you might want to try buying a spice mix called ZATAR. It is awesome
    - 1 or 2 Tablespoons of Olive oil.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    Place your non-fat yogurt in a suspended filter over night in the refrigerator.
    When you wake up in the morning you the liquids should have mostly drained from the yogurt and you will be left with a cheese that looks very much like cream cheese in your filter.
    Remove the yogurt cheese and place in a mixing bowl. Blend in desired ingredients and spices.
    Spread on Melba toast.

Thanks!

OMG that sounds so darn good that tears are welling up in my mouth!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
  • randimockensturm
    randimockensturm Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    thanks! ! It took me forever to write out because the first version of my recipe I was describing how
    I improvised a square of cotton cloth, a rubber band and a clothes pin to make a suspending filter.
    My instructions were so confusing I couldn't even understand them MYSELF! LOL.. [delete delete delet]! <grin>
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I often eat a Lean Cuisine for breakfast. A little strange to eat something like chicken and broccoli for brekkie, I know, but they can be about 200 calories and are really filling.