Luna Bars

Options
Cynduck
Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
I bought some Luna Bars the other day because I have heard so many people rave about them. I thought I would give them a try for those times I need something to grab and go. They are really tasty but the thing is that they don't keep me from feeling hungry for very long. My sister said the same thing when I asked her if she had tried them. Anyone else find this to be true? I hate to add nuts or something to it since the calories are already close to 200.

Replies

• DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    yes! I prefer Lara bars instead.
  • Pinksapphire74
    Options
    I agree, I like the Lara bars and Mrs. Mays trio bars better! They are around 200 or so caloires, but there is only 3 to 4 ingredients in both and are great tasting!! I get mine at Costco, a box of 20 bars is around 15 dollars and I only allow myself one a day as a mid morning snack:)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    If it is somthing that is 200 calories for a snack and still not doing the trick, I recommend not getting them anymore......:-) A snack is from 100 to 200 calories and our meals should not exceed 400 to 500.

Have you ever tried Vitatops by Vitalicious? These are wonderful little babies! And the Brownies are bad either. Yes they are pricey but with a glass of skim milk they are divine to me and worth every cent. I heat their browinies some times too. One of these with a cup of skim milk is under 200 calories and the skim milk may curve your appetite. I try to drink 2 to 3 glasses of skim milk each day. Hungry Girl has coupons for them every other month or so and once you order them they email you coupons. HG coupons are a better bargin. That is my 2 cents......:-) Link for Vitalicious: http://www.vitalicious.com
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yep, Luna bars are delish but more of a candy bar for me :)

I am not much of a protein bar kind of girl and try to eat as raw as possible, however I was about to gnaw of my hand while shopping in Whole Foods the other day, so on my way out I picked up a Think Thin bar to eat in the car. DELISH! 20g of protein, no sugar...HOWEVER they do have sugar alcohols, gluten free, yadda yadda. Good stuff! I ended up buying a box to keep on hand in the car so I don't do something dangerous like eat a Snickers bar while out on the run. :)
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Well at least I am not the only one they make hungry!

I really didn't buy them for a snack as much as I did for breakfast on those mornings that I just don't have time for anything else. I ate one Sunday morning before church with a banana and by our second hour I was hungry! Today I did eat it as a snack because I knew I would have dinner soon and needed something quick to get me through until then.

Thanks for the other suggestions!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    I did not realize it was a protien bar. I gave up on protien bars a while back because they were like eating a candy bar to me with the calories. Snickers have 280 calories. Some real candy bars only have 220 calories and same affect, not filling enough to tied you over. I try to make my calories work. It does not always happen of course but that is why I exercise. lol!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I love luna bars. But I have to agree. I had one before going to the gym today and before I even got to the gym, I was hungry. Guess it'll just have to be a replacement for when I want candy. :)
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    :How much fiber are in these bars? I have been using the fiber bars, while they probably don't have as much protein as the other bars spoken of, but I don't feel hungry after eating them......just a suggestion.:smile:
  • erinmusgrove
    Options
    Have you tried the slim fast bars?? There are some that are meal replacement bars,I have also tried the kashi tlc bars and they are pretty good at keeping me full for more than 2 hours
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I personally love Clif bars- taste good, fill me up, 220 cals for the choc chip, NO artificial sugars, organic oats, etc. You can get box of 6 for 5.96 at Walmart!