Venting. Struggling with ED.

Options
I'm anorexic and right now I'm hungry, but I'm scared to eat. My stomach is growling, I feel weak, and I feel so frustrated over being fat. I've been exercising but my metabolism is slowing down. I know I need to eat, but I'm so scared to.

Replies

• stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Is there a therapist or someone you can talk to that can really help you? All we can do on the forum is encourage you to eat and that food is not the enemy, it is fuel for your body.
  • silvermist18903
    silvermist18903 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have a counselor but I can't see him until Monday. Also thanks.
  • mimilynn79
    mimilynn79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You need to see your doctor.
    PS: I thought that you had erectile dysfunction by the title.
  • silvermist18903
    silvermist18903 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    LOL.

That cheered me up! Thanks.
  • Jerbear1985
    Jerbear1985 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

haha me too. Was wondering what he wanted us to do to help!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options

So did I LOL
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing. I clicked because I thought " that is one brave man to post that for the whole board to read"
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS think Erectile Dysfunction when I see those two letters together... :-)

In all seriousness, see a doctor, another professional, someone.

I hope you find the answers you need!

:flowerforyou:
  • Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you can't see your counselor until Monday, find another professional you can talk to right now. Check out these websites, maybe they can help:

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/

http://www.edrcsv.org/

As others have said, food is fuel. That's all it is. If you feel weak, you need to eat something.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    You will find many members here who are also in recovery from their eating disorders. You are not alone.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    The great thing is you have been exercising and now realise you are hungry..what a fantastic place to be in...what choices do you have in the fridge or cupboards?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing. I clicked because I thought " that is one brave man to post that for the whole board to read"

I have seen ED used twice now for eating disorder, but the first thought is erectile dysfunction.

Gah....sutpid marketing.
  • csbs2013
    csbs2013 Posts: 3
    Options
    Please seek help immediately. Please also think about this: You are NOT the sum of your body. Do NOT make it the center of your life. First of all, it is consuming you. It's all you think about. You have so much more to accomplish, so many more ways to succeed in the years that are given you. Your body is only a vehicle for your real success. Finally, obsessing about what you put in your mouth, day in and day out, is BORING. I tell you this from experience, and I thank God I am no longer like this. I am thinking about you and pulling for you.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I'm anorexic and right now I'm hungry, but I'm scared to eat. My stomach is growling, I feel weak, and I feel so frustrated over being fat. I've been exercising but my metabolism is slowing down. I know I need to eat, but I'm so scared to.

Come on Silvermist, let`s go with what food you would like to eat? Crazy I know but give me an idea of something that you can/would eat to pick up your metabolism????

We can`t do it all on our own you have to give us some help here? :smile:
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    OP, you are far from alone on here. I would suggest making friends with people on here the normal way and then eventually looking to them for help and support. I hate to sound so cold, but I don't think you will get what you're looking for from the MFP boards. The attention you get from posts like this and the remarks of people telling you to eat and encouraging you aren't really going to help in the long run. And in the end, that really needs to come from you anyway.

I'm recovering EDNOS and I've found a lot of friends on here who have given me support when I haven't wanted to eat or when I've "messed up" and purged. I've even had MFP friends to call and talk me down. The best way to get help with any mental health issue IMO is through therapy and a good support network. You seem to be lacking that IRL, but if you do have people to reach out to, I would strongly encourage you to do so. There's no shame in having an ED and you should find a friend/family member/etc who knows you and who you can share the details of exactly what you're struggling with to help you.

Best of luck to you!