Over on Protein a Lot!

Options
I am quite careful with my eating and try to make sure I am not too over or under on any of the goals I have been set.
Usually I am under on everything, cals, fat, carbs etc.
But it would seem every single day I am over on protein by at least 30g!
I don't know what to do about this.
Is it bad to be this much over? Will it make me put on or retain weight?
I feel as though my diet couldn't get much healthier, but this is driving me a bit mad!
Thanks ^_^

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about extra protein. Protein can help you build muscle and lose more weight! I would just watch the calories, carbs, and sodium! :flowerforyou:
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I am always way over protein.. But then I have added heavy lifting and P90x to my routine so I need it. The last few days i have struggled with sodium but thats rare for me. I don't think beign over on protein will hurt you any.
  • barresa
    barresa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For weight loss and working out higher protein is better. Carbs will put more weight on so be happy.

I try to shoot for even numbers or higher protein depending on my daily activities.
    A good way to solve your problem is plan your meals if you can.
    I decide what I want and log it in and check the total. At that point I tweak as needed to get the totals I need. THEN serve myself accordingly. I also do p90 and have actually been craving protein like crazy. I have always been a carb lover.

Also you can go in to your goals and change your carb to protein ratios to what is comfortable for you.
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I think it is ok as long as it is good healthy proteins. I am in the same boat as you, I am always over on fiber and protein.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I think your protein goal may be a little low... I'm seeing that it's only in the 60's even after your food diary has adjusted for exercise calories. Maybe you should manually adjust your goal settings to bring it up a little bit.

(fiber can also be manually made higher as desired)
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to be eating half your weight in protein. So if you weight 140 lb, you should eat 70 grams a day. Don't worry about going over. Its more of a problem to be under. Protein is a vital nutrient for our bodies.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that # is basically your minimum goal for protein, not your max.