jealousy?

Options

Replies

• cntrygirlchange
    Options
    You need to understand that the spirit of offense is huge. She is offended. The next time she says/posts something - don't be offended. Love her, ask her if she will help keep you accountable. Ignore her insults. A soft word turns away wrath. Tell her this is the hardest thing you have ever done and the more people cheering you on with positive feedback the better. If she decides to join you. . . . Everybody wins.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    "Don't waste time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind." Mary Schmich

Will it matter in a year? 5 years?
    It's soooo not worth worrying about. :)
  • kennyparson
    Options
    I can tell you this its not only women this happens to trust me. I actually think guys are worse even more evil, if that is possible lol. My wife an I started a very popular 90 day program on June 27 2010 and it literally changed our lives and waist line. It's the same old story my buddies were like dang dude what are you doing so I told them and some of them got the program and did it for a few weeks lost a few pounds and then stopped. Same story it was always an huge inconvenience or whatever, they called it dieting lol they just didn't get it. My wife and I pushed on and after almost 3 years we are living a dream. I lost over 90 lbs I was 260 when I started and she's lost 60 so far.

Here's the deal all the people who I hung out with now avoid me if they see me and if somebody asks them you seen him lately some of them even say stuff like yeah he looks like a crack head or I think he has cancer, yeah real mean stuff. At first I wanted to smash their face in lol but now I have gotten used to my new body and I just go my way. Like some of have said my friend is my wife and we are all that matter but I just think that their are shallow people out there who will say these things. It's really a matter of people being responsible for themselves and we all know most people think taking a pill or getting gastric bypass is the way but its just temporary what all of us have done is permanent.

On a side note: I didn't mention how hot my wife looks now lol I'm a lucky man! Keep the faith peeps and screw the jealous ones
  • jamieshrinking
    Options
    De-friend her then. Unsupportive people need to get the boot.
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    keep doing it.. She is just jealous.. I do the same thing on Facebook every day.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I've had several friends tell me how much of an inspiration I am when I post things like that! It's YOUR facebook page. Post whatever makes you happy. If they don't like it, they can delete you. It does sound A LOT like jealousy to me!
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I've known people post pictures of what they had for dinner on FB before now, and if that aint so dull its offensive, I dunno what is. Keep doing what you are doing OP.
  • DoriGaga
    DoriGaga Posts: 96
    Options
    There will always be people who take it as a personal insult when you do something to improve your life.

Losing weight is a big one, but I have heard people lash out because someone else got engaged, or is pregnant, etc. It's petty, but there is always someone who has something mean to say!

I try to keep my health and fitness stuff on here, mostly because I know here there are tons of people on the same journey who will be supportive, and also partly because I just don't post personal stuff on facebook because I like to avoid drama! The only reason I keep facebook is because I use it to connect with my clients, and to see my friends' pictures, other than that there is a lot I can live without on there!!

Did you unfriend this person? I would. And if you feel her message was way out of line, you can report it to facebook, because they have protection against those things. But most of all, I would just feel a little sorry for her that she is so insecure that the only way she can build herself up is to tear you down!

She can never take your success away from you though, remember that, you lost a significant amount of weight and you get to own that achievement forever, so be proud! Haters gonna hate ;)
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    delete and block. shes toxic
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    They're suffering from jealousy....misery....maybe leprosy, agony, tyranny, and a lot of other words that end in y.
  • mummybride
    Options
    That's ridiculous! I'm forever posting things on FB related to my weight loss (or lack of it some weeks!) because I enjoy the support and encouragement my friends give me. If someone feels the need to act that way towards you they must have insecurities in their own life. Keep up the good work! xxx
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    This "friend" hates the fact that you are accomplishing something they have not found the will power to accomplish themselves. People who feel bad about themselves try to pull others down to make themselves feel better. It's their problem not yours. Let it roll! Keep yourself going strong!!! Doesn't sound like a "friend" you need. Good luck!! :happy:
    You have done great and you work hard for every pound! You should be proud and if you sharing motivates one person that is awesome!
  • JuliaCarman
    JuliaCarman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That is the reason I don't have a Facebook. People are ridiculous and so mean. I agree, your "friend" is jealous, but it is all of YOUR hard work so keep on posting as often as you like. If she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to read it. Really simply I think.
    Keep up the good job you are doing!
  • DoriGaga
    Options
    They're suffering from jealousy....misery....maybe leprosy, agony, tyranny, and a lot of other words that end in y.

Definitely sounds like leprosy to me lol
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Haters = you're doing it right
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a ridiculous person she is. You are following the lifestyle you enjoy; why is she worried about others' lifestyles? Unfriend.

Congrats on your success!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I've known people post pictures of what they had for dinner on FB before now, and if that aint so dull its offensive, I dunno what is. Keep doing what you are doing OP.

I post photos of the guavas from my tree and then the jam I make from them. Do you want to be my FB friend? :laugh:
  • Primrose_au
    Primrose_au Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think that if she was a real friend she would have been happy for you. Why cant people see things for what they are... you are excited at your achievements and wanted to share that with people ( your friends). If she cant handle that... good riddance.
  • DoriGaga
    Options
    "Don't waste time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind." Mary Schmich

Will it matter in a year? 5 years?
    It's soooo not worth worrying about. :)

I always ask myself that, will this matter in 5 weeks? 5 months? 5 years? The answer is almost always no :)
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Really, why let it bother you, just unfriend/delete???