When to weigh?

Options
What is the best time of day to step on the scale? What are some recommended intervals for weighing in? I know that this process is going to be gradual, but when should I be checking my progress?

Replies

• coastie_wife07
    Options
    in the a.m. right after you pee
  • slavonka23
    slavonka23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

I agree.. wake up, pee, step on scale, breakfast :bigsmile:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    After you wake up in the morning is when you are statistically most likely to weigh the least.

There's no reason not to weigh yourself daily IF AND ONLY IF the daily water weight fluctuations will not mess with your head. Within a week, you will see your weight fluctuate maybe up to five pounds back and forth, but at the end of the week, you will usually be down compared to where you were at the end of the previous week.

Personally, I weigh weekly, because I only like seeing downward progress, and not all the fluctuations. It also keeps me on track during the week, because I know my weigh in is coming up.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, every morning and naked. Some weigh once a week, every two weeks or every month. Whatever works for you.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in Friday morning when i get up.
  • Chariautumn
    Chariautumn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Um, I think the best time is in the morning, but from what I've been told just weigh yourself at the same time of day each time you do weigh in; at different times of the day you'll vary a pound or two, so to accurately track progress you want to eliminate that variable. I've haven't been the best at weighing in at regular intervals, but since you set your goals here by how much you want to lose each week, I would say log it each week.
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Completely agree :)
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    DAMMIT!! I went to bathroom and was going to weigh, but got so excited by the prospect of breakfast that I forgot :'( noooooooo this happens like every day!

*shakes fist* breakfast, why you so yummy for? Food in general, why I like to eat you so much for?
  • spiritamanic
    spiritamanic Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    DAMMIT!! I went to bathroom and was going to weigh, but got so excited by the prospect of breakfast that I forgot :'( noooooooo this happens like every day!

*shakes fist* breakfast, why you so yummy for? Food in general, why I like to eat you so much for?

Haha, agree!