OK< OK

Options
Is it just me or you too? That always happens to me when I start losing weight!

I get some compliments, I'm feeling better again, I lose weight (like 10 pounds) and I STOP!

I start eating bad stuff, and say tomorrow I'll go back on track!

That's not fair!!! what I'm doing to myself:explode:

Yes I lost 10 pounds and I still have 30 to go! and my motivation is down again

Help

Replies

• playinwfire
    Options
    Is it just me or you too? That always happens to me when I start losing weight!

I get some compliments, I'm feeling better again, I lose weight (like 10 pounds) and I STOP!

I start eating bad stuff, and say tomorrow I'll go back on track!

That's not fair!!! what I'm doing to myself:explode:

Yes I lost 10 pounds and I still have 30 to go! and my motivation is down again

Help
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I was stuck in that cycle for years. What has worked for me (and we're all different) is that I think about how good I feel. It's so hard to focus on just that...you hardly every get a compliment that sounds like "you seem to have such a lot of energy and your skin looks so clear and I can tell you have more upper body strength". You get "you've been losing weight!".

You feel better now, think of how much better you'll feel after you lose some more.

One more thing (this is from one of Loretta Jo's postings) Go to the grocery and pick up something that weighs 10 pounds and carry it for a minute. That's what you were carrying all the time...Then find something that weighs 30 pounds and pick that up. Whoa.

You are worth it.:flowerforyou:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Nope it is not just you.
    Last spring I had lost a lot of weight. I was down to where the US Government thinks I should have been. If I do say so myself, MY ABS WHERE ROCKING!!!
    THEN everyone started TELLING me how GREAT I LOOKED!
    I was proud and happy and then it started, a little at first.
    Well, ONE cookie is not going to hurt me. After all I LOOK GREAT!
    Well One piece of cake is not going to effect my weight, After all LOOK AT THESE ABS!
    Then it got worse.
    Well I look great, I can skip this day of training.
    Which lead to the next and the next and the next. a slow down hill slide that lasted all summer. By the fall, I had noticed a change and it was not a GOOD ONE!
    Where did those abs go? Where was my smaller waist? WHAT HAPPENED??!!??:embarassed:
    Now I have to get back on track, which is fine, :ohwell:
    Now that I know what can happen, as YOU now know what happens, when we let all of the compliments go to our head.
    It is only a 3-ish foot drop to our bellys or hips. :cry:
    THIS YEAR, when people tell me how great I look instead I am going to try to think thoughts more on the lines of, Well I might LOOK great, but it is the diet and excersize that does it, and if I want the comps to keep coming, I need to stay away from the poisions that well stop the comps.
    --Diann...
  • playinwfire
    Options
    Thanks Diann :flowerforyou: