Fulfilling a father's wish

Options
2»

Replies

• ExNihil0
    ExNihil0 Posts: 60
    Options
    My biggest problem is that when i stumble, i stay there and dont get back up....if i cheat, i lose all motivation the next day and continue my downward spiral......

When you stumble...get the F@#$ back up and make your Dad proud!!!! Be STRONG!!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Eric

sorry for your loss

I am the same age as your late father [I am 70 in April], best of wishes in your endevours

One bit of "fatherly" advice, 5' 8 & 190 pounds for your goal is still overweight, I am two inches taller than you, & currently weigh 179 pounds, and am classified obese

I suggest, politely,that you review you eventual goal weight

may need a new BMI calculator - 5'10/179 is not obese, I can't do the math off the top of my head but I think its probably at the upper end of normal or possibly 26 or so - its definitely not above 30

You are right & I am wrong. I used MFP, made an error and was wrong.

My BMI is 25.8, which is "overweight", normal for me is 25 BMI, 174 lbs or less, my politely intended comment about 190 at 5' 8 still stands
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best. I am so sorry to hear about your father.

Don't get discouraged and let other help motivate you along your journey. It will be well worth it.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Eric

sorry for your loss

I am the same age as your late father [I am 70 in April], best of wishes in your endevours

One bit of "fatherly" advice, 5' 8 & 190 pounds for your goal is still overweight, I am two inches taller than you, & currently weigh 179 pounds, and am classified obese

I suggest, politely,that you review you eventual goal weight

may need a new BMI calculator - 5'10/179 is not obese, I can't do the math off the top of my head but I think its probably at the upper end of normal or possibly 26 or so - its definitely not above 30

You are right & I am wrong. I used MFP, made an error and was wrong.

My BMI is 25.8, which is "overweight", normal for me is 25 BMI, 174 lbs or less, my politely intended comment about 190 at 5' 8 still stands

oh for sure, it was a very very valid point - sorry I didn't mean to come off like I was criticizing
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss!!!! Good luck on this journey!! You can do it and your father would be soo proud of you for taking the first step!!!! :) Few words of advice .. is never give up, as you can never be a failure if you always try!!! :)
  • LisaDec1969
    LisaDec1969 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss ....you can do this not only for the promise to your father but for youself :) please feel free to add me as your friend
  • June2268
    June2268 Posts: 37
    Options
    So sorry for your loss but your father would be proud of you doing it now, for him.....pls feel free to add me as I am new on this journey as well and the more friends the better.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Erik,

My heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your father. You are on a path not only to honor him, but to a healthier life as well. You will leave a legacy for your own children. Blessings on your journey home.

Feel free to friend me, I too need a support system.

Best regards, LouAnn

(note people his name is spelled Erik, not 'Eric') ...:wink: