Bad day!!!

Options
First of all, I realize I will come across as a total B**ch. No need to point out the obvious.

A) Spent 7 and a half hours in the ER with my 10 year old who had a 104 fever for 24 hours but no other symptoms.
B) Rushed out in the morning to the ER without eating because I was busy worrying about my daughter. And could not eat all day because they would not let her eat. I couldn't leave her, and I couldn't eat in front of her because she was starving too.
C) TOM is in town and I have PMDD and PCOS.

The ER doctors are stupid. First the lady doc came in, checked her ears and breating. Nothing else. She then said, "I don't know why she has a fever, sometimes there is no reason. I'll go write you a perscription." And she walked out, left me standing there dumbfounded, mouth on the floor. A guy doc came in and said he was just going to double check her. He did a more thourough exam, including pushing on her belly and discovered she had pain in the lower right. NICE. We had the CT, bloodwork, and urine. Turns out, appendix were fine. She ended up taking a big poop and the pain went away. But her WBC is low. What does that mean? Nobody knows. We went to the PCP. He said she has WBC in her urine. He gave antibiotics to treat a UTI and we will go back Monday to retest everything. Hopefully, thats all it is. But she has been spiking fevers every month since December. They all said its just a coincidence. (But I bet they have a pill for it:huh: )

I was doing fine till around 7 PM after we waited around Walgreens for our perscription for 30 minutes. After we left the hospital I stopped at Pei Wei so my daughter could eat. I had a salad. I felt a little better, well actually alot better. But by the time we were waiting on the meds, I started to feel a little anxious.... One of my TOM symptoms that warn me to get out of public places and home where I can be insane in private. I stayed calm and suggested that we pick up a chocolate bar on the way home. Walgreens didn't have anything that was dairy free. (allergy) So I drove to Meijers where I know they have them in the gluten free section.

This was where i lost it. 3 FREAKIN DOLLARS FOR A BAR OF CHOCOLATE??????:explode: They were never that much before! Trust me, I do this often. I know I don't need it. I know I won't die without it. But (Ladies, you know) I'm PMSing and I want chocolate just like every other woman out there. My reaction was simply to feel totally taken advantage of. Its chocolate minus the milk, why is that 3 times the price of a stupid Hershey bar? Because it was in the gluten free section? Because my allergy means I should pay more for my food? (I know chocolate isn't food, but every dang thing is 2- 3 times more money!) It is really bothering me right now! I feel like someone is totally capitalising off of my misery! I didn't buy it. But I did almost drive 4 miles out of the way to go to the health food store where they are 2 dollars. I'm aware enough that I know I need to be home now, away from other humans, lol. Seriously!

After deciding not to buy the bar, we went to pay for our ketchup. Why was there only 4 lanes open and every single one full of people with over flowing carts? The line to the self scan was backed up because of those morons who take the full shopping carts to the self scan and act like they don't see the sign that says 15 items or less. And the cashier running the lane never says a word. Plus, why do people walk slower when I'm PMSing? Or stop to talk to someone IN THE DOORWAY!:grumble: Then we finally make it outside and through the crowded slow-walkers and while stepping into the parking lot some guy in a soopped up fancy smacy car decides to punch the gas and show off missing catching my daughters foot in his tire by, like, half an inch!

Anyway. I made it home safely. I'm venting here. And I'm going to watch a season of Friends with my daughter. I have no chocolate. But I do have a bottle of wine for aftter she doses off.......:drinker: Thank you for listening (reading)

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    whew, what a day you had!! I guess I don't think you sounded like a ***** at all, you sound hormonal to me, I totally understand, most likely every female on here has had days so similiar to this. You're not alone but that probably doesn't help much from here.

Hope your evening is far more calming than your day was:flowerforyou:

Warm hugs,
    Becca

oh and btw? Thanks for making me feel less alone! whew
    Also regarding wanting to be get home and quick! What is it about that, guess it makes us feel like we'll be safe, by ourselves and nothing is gonna be so out of control in our own environment, dunno but I feel like I gotta gotta gotta get home before I scream at someone. That is SO not my typical personality, so it blows my mind when that crazy hormonal girl comes out. I gotta keep her inside and get her HOME.:ohwell: :noway: :grumble:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Holly-

So sorry you had a rough day. I'm sure people will say "I'm an ER nurse and you're being ridiculous" or something like that, but I hear ya. Ignore them. We all have those days. Having a gluten allergy, I also totally hear ya about the frustrations with paying more for stuff, driving out of the way to find stuff, etc.

Anyhow, hang in there and enjoy that wine, girl!! :drinker:
  • melissaogdenrhode
    Options
    WINE OUT !!! AND LOVE EVERY MOMENT OF IT!!! We all have those days!
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Oh Holly I don't think you sounded like a B***** at all and I feel really bad for you but I laughed all the way through that because I have SO been right there with you! I almost got arrested that day though :laugh: (story for another day, I won't hijack your thread!)

I'm glad you are home where you can relax. Take a deep breath and snuggle with your little girl. I hope she is feeling better and no more fevers!
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think most females here have had this type of a day. For those who haven't 'thank your lucky stars'! Glad you are home safe and sound..enjoy your glass of wine and have a nice evening!
  • marsha73
    marsha73 Posts: 23
    Options
    To be female. I hate those those kinds of days. Just sip that wine after daughter goes to sleep and everything will be ok.
    I hope daughter is feeling better soon
  • marsha73
    marsha73 Posts: 23
    Options
    To be female. I hate those those kinds of days. Just sip that wine after daughter goes to sleep and everything will be ok.
    I hope daughter is feeling better soon
  • lds25
    lds25 Posts: 68
    Options
    wow girl I hear u!!!!! I understand the hormonal roller coaster all too well. I just cant imagine adding a allergy to it all. Hats off to you for not lopping off someone's ear or punching that car that just about hit your girl. I am proud of how you took the 'high road' (as my counsellor always reminds me to do).

Linda
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Not to make fun, But LMAO!!!! I too suffered from PDMD.. I kept telling the Dr. about all these symptom's for 2 year's . I felt he didn't really listen.. Which really surprised me as he (my OBGYN) alway's takes' his time with you and is very imformative. Well I went in for my regular check-up and in our conversation he asked how was I feeling with the symptom's I had previously spoked about.. I told him I was no better and it seemed to progress to a really bad point. He asked what exactly I was feeling at these time's and I told him "I COULD F--KING RIP OFF SOMEONE'S HEAD!! He looked at me and with a straight face told me he was writing me a prescription... OMG the look on his face!! It was pricless!!! Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery and Enjoy your treat's..:laugh:
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    Glad I came back to check this. Thanks! I'm glad to know I'm not the only psycho PMSer!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Glad I came back to check this. Thanks! I'm glad to know I'm not the only psycho PMSer!
    You certainly are NOT! lol
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    LMAO!! I remember those days and thank God they are history for me! My hystorectomy was the best thing that ever happened to me!!
    I can also sympathize about the food allergies. I have 2 kids with them! My daughter is alergic to corn!! THAT IS IN EVERYTHING!!! It is an extremely hard allergy to deal with.
    I hope you are both better. Hang in there we all have rotten days!
  • tigersgirl
    tigersgirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had a bad day...I totally agree with you on the GF items. It kills me, I can go to meijers, spend $100 and walk out with 2 blue bags full, I noticed the GF,DF chocolate chips are $4.99 a bag, come on really.
    Hope your week gets better
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    OK, you've just made all my bad days look better! I'm sorry you had such a bad day and I hope your daughter is better. Hopefully tomorrow will be better for both of you. :flowerforyou:
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    WOW...you deserve the whole bottle of wine! lol I've had a bad week and am about to join you from a not so far distance! lol

I know what you're talking about... all too well. I get a little psycho too... and yes, the GF/DF is ridiculously priced!!! Thank God for Trader Joe's! Meijer has a great selection, and they are far cheaper than Whole Foods or Kroger...but still!

I hope you and your daughter are both feeling better!!!
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hope it's a better day today! you are SOO not sounding like a b***ch! It SUCKS to be a woman. I am totally hormonal today, it's raining here so I have a migraine and I absolutely would like to punch someone out today. Hormones +life=acceptable to be cranky. :flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    WOW...you deserve the whole bottle of wine! lol I've had a bad week and am about to join you from a not so far distance! lol

I know what you're talking about... all too well. I get a little psycho too... and yes, the GF/DF is ridiculously priced!!! Thank God for Trader Joe's! Meijer has a great selection, and they are far cheaper than Whole Foods or Kroger...but still!

I hope you and your daughter are both feeling better!!!

down on my knees wishing so badly we had Trader Joes in our area:sad:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I think this is a post that should be bumped about every week, ok, everyday? Because there's gotta be some MFP female or 100 MFP females at any given time moment dealing with this in some variation or level of madness. Maybe it should be stuck as an important post to read on the front page so when Girls feel they are losing their minds, they'll know others understand that we lose ours too and that they come back.:grumble: :laugh:........eventually:smokin:
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    You know, it would be nice to have a PMS thread. Where we can come and vent without causing arguements throughout MFP. HA! You just post your gripe and no one needs to say anything back to you except, it'll pass in 5-7 days.:laugh: :wink:

I'm feeling better now. Never did open that wine. I'm giving myself a star for this time. No old ladies got pushed out of my way, I didn't run anyone off the road, I didn't teach my daughter any new curse words, all my doors and walls are free of holes, and nothing else is broken anywhere...... and I did it without chocolate or wine.

And my daughter is fever free and doing 100% better.

Feel free to come back here and post your bad day without judgement! Thanks for being awesome!