new to the site - hello

Options
Hi there! Iam brand new to this site but I am excited to see how I manage to find my way around and actually USE the site. I have tried a few other sites (paid for) and I end up forgetting to log things, etc. I really want to make headway on my goal to losing weight and getting in bette shape.
I admit it is not going to be easy. I hate mornings and am always on the run the rest of the day. I do try and get up and get walking before heading to work. Some days are easier than others. And - I HATE veggies. Well, most veggies. So finding low cal foods and still get my veggies in is difficult. I haven;t really counted calories before. I have used points. There are so many things to think about tracking that it has been difficult to decide what route to take. So - here I am. I am giving it a shot! If anyone has ideas or tips - please share!

Replies

• Eliannasmom
    Eliannasmom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! This is a great place lots of information and easy to track it gets addicting especially when the numbers on the scale start to slide down. If you hate veggies try fruit instead! Or eat the veggies you like.
  • carolina0105
    Options
    Hi. I'm pretty new here myself so I don't really have any tips or tricks. I just want to wish you luck & success!!
  • Twopikininis
    Options
    Hi, I am also new to My fitness pal. I stumbled upon the "my fitness pal" app on my iPhone an thought I would give it a go. An I am so glad I came across it. I have lost 40 kg an have 20 to go. Thiswebsite has given me the motivation that is much needed. I love the fact that you can track every thing and all the calories are there for you so you aren't wasting time to try and work it out :)
  • allonthego
    Options
    Welcome, this site is really easy to use I think you will like it. Good Luck.
  • kmscott1965
    Options
    Hi and welcome to mfp. I'm completely addicted to this site. What I try and do which works well for miss is try and log on before I go to bed and plan out my meals for the next day so it makes my morning easier and kind of gets me in a good frame of mind. I log in later in the afternoon and update my foods if I didn't eat something or ate something I didn't plan. You might try a can of V8 for your vegetables...you get used to it after a few times. It's two servings of vegetables and 70 calories. It helps me make it through the afternoon to dinner. Have you ever tried steaming vegetables and sprinkling them with molly mcbutter and a little season salt? My kids hated vegetables until molly mcbutter and now they fight over the last bit of broccoli in the steamer. My 14 yr old son makes himself broccoli now when he's hungry which just blows my mind. My family and I have all been using the site for almost 5 weeks and we're all seeing great results. The best part is you are really aware of everything you put in your mouth. For 3 days last week I kept looking at a snicker bar in my freezer. I finally budgeted it into my snacks and didn't feel guilty eating it. I enjoyed every bite. We also make sure that if we're going out to dinner or to a family bbq, that we get some exercise in to earn extra calories. I'm am still amazed everyday at this site. It's incredible. Best of luck to you.