Calorie intake... is low

Options
I'm new to all of this and don't know all about this calorie counting and watching this and or that. But having this program do it for me is GREAT!... But negative, it keeps screaming at me in blood color that I'm not eating enough calories.

I eat once a day... I have ate once a day for years of my life... (over 25 yrs) And I can't fathom eating three times a day let alone hardly EVER twice a day. So, with that said, what would your advice be for me, if any... And hoping it's not telling me to eat more times than I do... ick. lol

Replies

• asciom16
    asciom16 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you're eating one huge meal a day try and break it down into 3 smaller meals. Ideally you want to eat 5 small meals a day and drink lots of water. Also try fruit smoothies with a dash of whey protein. There are some really good recipes out there :)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    it really doesnt matter how often you eat, be it once, or 12 times a day - just try to get in all your nutrients.
    if its screaming at you to eat more than you need to do that - either by eating more than once a day, or eating more at your one meal.
    that said, if you are here for weight loss, and you've been eating this way for over 25 years, maybe its time for a change.. slowly add in more snacks during the day until you can move on to full meals. small things like nuts, or some cottage cheese. peanut butter toast with a glass of milk..
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You do not need to eat more often if you don't want to. You can get by just fine by finding a way to boost your calorie intake in that one meal (oils, cheese, dairy, nuts, etc) .
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    hmmmm. I have to wonder how you got to be 90 pounds overweight if you haven't been eating enough.

I agree that you don't have to eat more than once a day, but you do need to make sure you are accurately tracking the calories and nutrition. So start paying attention to all the nutrients you are eating, and weigh and measure all your food.

Undereating is bad - if you undereat by a lot - and if you do it for extended periods of time.
  • kountryedge
    Options
    I do need to buy some more mixed nuts... But I turned from those when my friend said that "yeah, they are good for you, but they will make you fatter"... ARrgh! lol

I've gained weight due to back surgery, a doctor that is ready to throw me under a bus, a second set of PT in which was suppose to start in Dec and I can't get my doctors let alone my legal to do anything. So I fire my legal, and now my new legal is trying to get things done as well as get a new doctor... So because of my back surgery and the continuous back pain, I don't move around to much as I'm not sure if I could cause more issues as they are talking about another possible surgery.

But again... Just like eating a apx two bowls of Wendys chili and 12 crackers... then a bowl of sugar free strawberry jello with added light peaches... I'm stuffed... feel bloated even. I don't know how else to answer "cmriverside"...
  • kountryedge
    Options
    basically, just fat due to lack of exercise... As I was always motored, always working... I'm a local flatbed truck driver in which is in and out of that truck, huffing tarps, chains, etc... But this injury happened on Oct 12th, 2010... have not been working since.
  • beccalyse
    beccalyse Posts: 21
    Options
    If you're really eating the way you just mentioned, you're not doing yourself any favors. Nearly everything you listed was devoid of any nutrition. I'm not telling you to eat an entire can of mixed nuts, but you need protein, fiber, and fat in your diet. Your crackers and fruit are high in carbs, your Jell-o does nothing for you at all, and while I'm unsure as to the nutritional content of the chili, you'd be better off making it yourself than getting it from Wendy's.

I typically only eat one or two meals a day, and MFP gives me the same message that I'm eating too little, but I have enough fat, protein, and fiber in my diet to lose weight. If you change the quality of your food, you'll be doing yourself a huge favor.
  • aelfrice
    aelfrice Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Smoking pot will help give you an appetite. With enough use you may be able to retrain your body to crave food when it is hungry.