Seafood recipes?

Options
RhineDHP
RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
Anyone know of a good website with seafood recipes, or provide their own tasty seafood recipe of awesomeness? It seems like every time Lent rolls around, I can't think of anything to make on Fridays besides a slab of salmon. Which I enjoy, but its been getting a tad monotonous.

Replies

• RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • ladybb7
    ladybb7 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    google kalyn's kitchen... LOVE IT
  • inshapeeasy
    Options
    pinterest usually has good recipes but here is one that i made today. lol

http://www.isefitness.com/health-news/healthy-meals/sauteed-shrimp-brown-rice-broccoli
  • Myrjones
    Myrjones Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try Big oven. Its a great recipe Ap.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Chili Garlic Shrimp

1 (3 1/2 ounce) bag boil in a bag brown rice
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper
    1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp (about 32)
    1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    3 large garlic cloves , sliced
    1 bay leaf
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    4 ( 1/4 inch thick) lemon slices
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    1 tablespoon butter
    lemon wedges( optional)

1. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.

2. Sprinkle salt and black pepper evenly over shrimp. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, red pepper, garlic, and bay leaf to pan. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add wine and lemon to pan. Increase heat to medium high, and bring to a simmer; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup(about 3 minutes) . Remove from heat. Discard bay leaf and lemon. Add parsley and butter, stirring until butter melts. Serve shrimp and sauce over rice. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.

Yield 4 servings ( serving size: about 8 shrimp, 1/2 cup rice, and 2 tablespoons sauce)

Calories 344 Fat 11.4g Carbs 21.9g Sodium 581mg protein 36.9 and fiber 1.5g

Enjoy
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    http://australian.food.com/recipe/yummy-crispy-baked-fish-150987 I make this one on a regular rotation. One of my kids hates it, the other likes it, and Hubby and I LOVE it. And it's 182 calories per serving. LOVE!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    you could bake the salmon in some foil with garlic, onion, some other herbs and spices...

cook the salmon in some browned garlic/onion + half a tin of tomatoes + a bit of soysauce to taste + throw in some mushrooms. Kind of like poaching it in this broth, so put a lid on top.

I eat salmon every day when I have the chance, there are too many things you can do with it! NEVER gets boring for me :)
  • raisinl
    raisinl Posts: 2
    Options
    Just tried a Chilli garlic prawn from taste.com...easy, tasty and nutrition values included with recipe. Our chillis could have been a hotter variety tho....
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Here's one I make quite a bit, it's a simple stir fry but really good.

I normally use Shrimp and Bay scallops but you can use whatever you want.
    Onions, Mushrooms, snap peas, baby carrots and maybe some red peppers.
    a little olive oil. Start with stir frying the carrots, after a couple minutes add the onions, mushrooms, peppers and seafood.
    After a few more minutes of stir frying add the snap peas and a little KC Masterpiece Honey Teriyaki Marinade (or some other type of asian marinade that you like). Cook for a couple more minutes and your done.

The great thing is you can substitute any kind of protein for the seafood. Just remember with chicken or pork or whatever, to start stir frying it with the carrots to make sure it gets cooked thru.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Broiled garlic shrimp

Put the amount of thawed raw shrimp (30-40/lb. size) for each serving on a bamboo skewer. Melt 1-2 T butter, sprinkle garlic powder on shrimp (or saute a crushed garlic clove in the melted butter), pour butter over shrimp in a flat pan (I use the bottom of a broiler pan from a toaster oven--perfect size for two skewers). Broil 2-3 minutes on one side, turn over and broil 1-2 minutes on the other, until shrimp turns pink. I used to order this at a restaurant before I found how easy and quick (and less expensive) it is to make at home!
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    One of my favourites is the Easy Thai Prawn Curry from the BBC Good Food website - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7418/easy-thai-prawn-curry

Quick, easy, low calorie and it freezes so is great to take to work for lunch to heat up in the microwave :)

I eat a lot of seafood so my food diary blog - ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com - might also give you some suggestions.

Hope this helps :)