SALT AND VINEGAR RECIPES

Options
_michellle
_michellle Posts: 15 Member
Okay, I am a salt and vinegar chip addict. I don't know what it is, the salt and vinegar taste is my weakness. :tongue: Too many calories in eating so many chips. I've seen a few recipes with sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds (yum) Anybody know any other good recipes with salt and vinegar? Thank you in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• HappyHungryHealthy
    HappyHungryHealthy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Iv made these before! Basically, all you need to do is.... Peel a potato, slice with a potato peeler - this will make the crisps/chips paper thin, add your salt and vinegar, place on a baking tray and spray with a low fat spray and then bake for about 5mins. Keep an eye on them though cause they will burn quickly lol
  • fl46
    fl46 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You can also buy salt and vinegar popcorn salt! :)
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I never had a chance to try these in my life, but if I had to make a salt and vinegar something with lesser calories I would definitely opt for the zucchinis (and maybe test with mushrooms as well).

Zucchinis are very good in becoming chips like - I usually shred them, drizzle with flour and parmesan and bake them in oil or oven. Try it with salt and vinegar I am sure it will work (just don't skip the flour entirely - without there will no texture).
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    These are pretty yummy: http://www.chatelaine.com/health/healthy-snack-recipe-salt-and-vinegar-roasted-chickpeas/

I also tried salt and vinegar kale chips, which are super healthy, but I hated them. They seem popular just not for me!!

I love S&V too!!
  • casherrill76
    casherrill76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Salt & vinegar kale chips?? That might be yummy....
  • _tjh1991
    _tjh1991 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Salt and vinegar chick peas! So good!
  • marcuscross104
    marcuscross104 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you have a Buffalo Wild Wings where you live, they sell a bottle of Vinegar and Salt seasoning.

It's delicious on everything!
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    ye I am an S & V addict too... I manage to stay away because I bought that salt shaker that tastes of the salt and vinegar they put on the crisps! I literally put it on everything Savoury that i eat and it helps a lot... The one I use is a South African flavouring, but they sell it all over...
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Iv made these before! Basically, all you need to do is.... Peel a potato, slice with a potato peeler - this will make the crisps/chips paper thin, add your salt and vinegar, place on a baking tray and spray with a low fat spray and then bake for about 5mins. Keep an eye on them though cause they will burn quickly lol

This is a great idea...wonder how much vinegar you would add so that it's not too soggy
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    yum! great ideas :)
  • HappyHungryHealthy
    HappyHungryHealthy Posts: 121 Member
    Options

This is a great idea...wonder how much vinegar you would add so that it's not too soggy

I just splashed it on pretty liberally and never had a problem with them being soggy. I found the vinegar burnt more than the potato so maybe add some spray oil to both sides of the crisps/chips. You could always add the vinegar after you've baked, but im not sure they will be as nice, you could also try it with balsamic vinegar :) I guess it's just a bit of trial and error :)
  • shayla_twins69
    Options
    im a salt and vinegar lover to!! i made the salt and vinegar chickpeas and honestly they where to die for !!!my whole family loved them even my grandma which says alot :P i would defiantly try them !! ( put two cans of chickpeas rinsed in to 2 cups of vinegar ... bring it to a boil ..cover for half an hour... put on a pan( with tin foil )with a little vegetable oil ..( make sure to mix it around all the chickpeas ...and add some salt and cook on 425 for 25 -40 mins untill brown and crunchy...) you have to keep a close eye on it!! im sure theyre are healthier ways to make it but these where just AMAZING!
  • _michellle
    _michellle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you have a Buffalo Wild Wings where you live, they sell a bottle of Vinegar and Salt seasoning.

It's delicious on everything!

Ooooooo thank you!!! I just bought some S&V seasoning online but it was waay too salty :(
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

I've made those a bunch of times, and they are GREAT :D
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    bumping for tomorrow ....... love S&V :drinker:
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    The chickpeas are great. Also popcorn is great since it's pretty low calorie and crunchy! Just put vinegar in a spritz bottle and toss the popcorn as you spritz it so it doesn't get soggy.
  • Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    Options

these sound great, I am going to buy some chickpeas tomorrow and give them a try!